1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

2002 2500 Chevrolet hd LS??????

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Mike Blevins, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Looked at a 2002 Chevrolet 2500 HD today.
    _ Extended Cab
    _ 4x4
    _Power windows,locks,seats.
    _ CD & Cassete
    _New Tires
    _Local Trade
    _Premium wheels
    _LS package
    _6.0 Litre
    _ 50,000 miles
    _ truck is a 10 out of 10 I mean its in A1 shape.
    _ talked to previous owner and it never towed anything he traded it for a Honda Odyssey.
    _ WHAT IS THIS TRUCK WORTH????? :confused:

2. FiveOJoe

FiveOJoe LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Perfect...about $14000. Take off any needed items from there. I assume it was an auto trans.

3. Mike Blevins

Yes its an auto. Thats:hammerhead: what I was thnking around 14 or 15 but they are wanting 18500. I like this truck but I told them i just can't pay that.

4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

www.kbb.com

I bought this the last week of October 2005 for a little comparison:

'02 Chevy 2500HD
    6.0L
    4.10 rear
    ext cab
    long bed
    4x4
    38/39,000 miles
    .......work truck, hand crank windows, vinyl floor and seats

$16,500.....nothing short of perfect condition

5. FiveOJoe

FiveOJoe LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Is it a Dealer??

6. Mike Blevins

Yes it's at a dealer.

7. bobcat81

bobcat81 LawnSite Member

I paid 18500 for mine about 2 months ago. It had 73000 miles with everything that you are looking at. I hate the gas mileage but love the truck.

8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Think about it.... Say you pay 18k for for this truck.... you could buy a BRAND new 2500HD work truck (instead of LS) 4x4 with a PLOW for around $25000 with tax and plates. Atleast thats what I did. I sold my 01 for 16k and got a brand new truck and plow for under 10k more.

IMO if your going to spend that much, you mine as well spend the extra 10k extra and get a new one with a warranty. But thats just my oppinion.

9. Mike Blevins

Still looking at this truck and a few more. I think i will wait for a while longer and see how the mowing season goes before I buy a truck. If an awsome deal on one comes by then I might jump on it but its not going to happen on a dealer lot.

10. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

You should really look into buying a new "work truck" package. Some of the deals on ebay are insane. Where else can you buy a 2008 for 25k. Here's a link to an ebay auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-C...ryZ90969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Your talking 0 miles, 0 problems, full warrenty, Brand new. What more can you ask for? If i needed a work truck, i would jump on that deal in a minute. They list it for 25,870 but i'm sure you can get them down to 24k. Maybe it's just who you ask, but for a few grand more, i would go with the new and not have to worry about any headache's