1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

2002 Mitsubishi FG!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by aries, Mar 27, 2005.

1. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Any body have or had one of these truck's I am picking one up for a great price just wanted some input!

2. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Nice trucks overall...

Damn near no payload capacity....... only 12,500 gvw

No pulling power

No speed

With that aside.... They are good for what theyre designed for......getting a small amount of material off road,...

The biggest problem with the FG's and the mistubishis overall are the guys that own them think they are a much bigger truck than they are and put the boards on the side and load them right up.... You cant put a yard of topsoil in one of those and be legal..... They look like huge capicity trucks but the truth is you can put more payload on an f-350 mason dump..

I had one it was a 2002 as well....... It got to the point that no matter what i would carry it would be overweight and the fines here are not pretty....

Got rid of it and got an international

3. cet

cet LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

Check out the GMC W5500. The GVWR is 17,950.

4. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine is a 2000, have not had problems with it.

14,050 gross without the 4-wheel drive so the truck weighs less.

The 12,000 gross really hurts, because with the 4-wd gear the basic truck weighs more.

FG is a great plow truck....super visiblity.

The 2005 FG trucks have a 14,500 or so GVW but no longer offer the automatic transmission.

KB

5. aries

from nj

Procut is that what the payload is ? I did not get all the info yet but I did go out with him last week's snow storm with a 3 yrd salter on it loaded and it did pretty good! mostly I will be using it for towing enclosed trailer , and leave pickup , mulch so mostly on the lighter side. I just couldn't refuse the deal he was giving me, he is an LCO getting out of biz giving me this truck with a 6 month old fisher stainless steel salter w/fisher plow for $14,000 cash only 40k on truck.
    Thank's
    Guy's

6. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

If U dont buy it let me know please :waving:

7. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

the truck empty weighs almost 11,000

do it barely gives you a ton for payload......

The truck pulls a load pretty well but you wont be legal

Ive had 4 yards of soil in mine and it moved it okay but im sure glad i didnt get stopped by DOT

8. Planet Landscaping

Heres my thought, Take off body and mount Hydroseeder in summer,Sander in winter. All terrain sprayer, Good plowing. :cool2: A little more power and payload on the FG and U have a competitive truck, MAYBEE???? :waving:

9. aries

from nj

Sorry Planet just bought it home this f@#%^& is nice I guess I will live with the payload thing , I have other dumps that will handle anything heavy thank's for input guy's.

Joe

10. Planet Landscaping

Good luck with it.