1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

2003 F350 XL Super Duty 4X4 5.4 Fuel injected

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by guven, Aug 4, 2006.

1. guven

guven LawnSite Member

I want to buy this truck , the dealar wants 23K , 14171 Miles on it, do you think it is good deal? do you know anything about this kind of Truck , by the way truck has mason dump
    thanks

2. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Miles sound good, i just sold a 03 350 with 92,000 on it. I think it will be under powered to haul any thing. I dont know your intent. But if your hauling grass cuttings etc. it will work. I haul top soil, gravel, srw block would not work do to it being under powered. Check blue book price under yahoo and try to get it cheaper if possible. I think it would be hard to sell a 1 ton truck should have a diesel or v-10 for power.
    Mike

3. guven

guven LawnSite Member

Thank you Sir,

4. Mike33

Good luck to you,
    Mike

5. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

You could most likely buy a brand new one for 27k after rebates.

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Way to small of a engine for a dump. That truck is worthless.

7. Mike33

Is it common for ford to put that small v-8 in F-350's?
    Mike

8. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been looking at F350s and have always thought that the 5.4 was a way too small engine to put in that truck. I test drove one and to me it felt like a lug to drive. Correct me if I am wrong because I am used to driving my 1500, but the 7.3 diesel seemed to have much better pick up and towing capability.

9. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

10. Mike33

I ve been a ford man for 25 years and they dont have a good motor selection. The 5.4 is really the old 351 Wd.\ It was a great engine in a car. But the way i feel when a guy buys a 250 or 350 he is going to pull or work that rruck some how or he would of bought a ranger. They need a good big block for these trucks like the 460 was great in trucks. There next size gas engine for the truck goes from the 5.4 to the v-10. I never had a v-10 but heard a lot of pros and cons.
    Mike