Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did I do on this one.....2003 (new) gmc 1 ton dual wheel dumptruck (3500), 2-3yd dump bed, pintle hitch, tarp and roller
gas vortec 6000 8cy engine, air conditioning....complete for $24000.....I drove the ford and felt the gmc was nicer to drive, and cheaper in price.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hey good luck with her GMC right now are the better looking truck in GM's lineup.Good price for all that stuff you got on the body.Saw a chevy dump and they wanted $8K+ for just the dump body then add all the tarps,plate and hitch. you did good plus the body was an eastern dump brand not a very high end one.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have a '99 GMC 3500 HD with that same engine, nice work truck, even though Im a Ford guy, but GMC's look better than the Chevy's :D
Have fun filling that gas tank alot, best I think my 18gal tank will get is about 140mpg at most, but I've been averaging about 130mpg.
Plenty of power though, enjoy the new GMC professional Grade truck ;)
Matt

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mk,

Believe it or not the 12-13 mpg will be an improvement over the trucks I have now. My current dump gets about 9, and my other truck pulling a trailer all the time only gets about 10.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Great price

I have a 2000 GMC W4500 52" high Grain body
2003 GMC W4500 42" grain body, with 2x12 on top, side door, tool box, and side lift.

Both gas, deisel smell makes me ill............;)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Originally posted by mklawnman
I have a '99 GMC 3500 HD with that same engine, nice work truck, even though Im a Ford guy, but GMC's look better than the Chevy's :D
Have fun filling that gas tank alot, best I think my 18gal tank will get is about 140mpg at most, but I've been averaging about 130mpg.
Plenty of power though, enjoy the new GMC professional Grade truck ;)
Matt
130mpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want 10 of THOSE!!!!:eek: :D

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hummm maybe I do have a good truck for gas milage. But its always hard to tell because my gas gauge isnt accurate, when its at E and i fill up it only fills to 15gals or so, but I think i have a 19gal tank cause today i filled it up to 18.9gal.
Matt

·
Registered
501 Posts
Originally posted by mklawnman
Hummm maybe I do have a good truck for gas milage. But its always hard to tell because my gas gauge isnt accurate, when its at E and i fill up it only fills to 15gals or so, but I think i have a 19gal tank cause today i filled it up to 18.9gal.
Matt
Mklawnman,
If I remember correctly, the old 3500 HD has dual tanks.I think one is at the very back of the truck, while the other is located just behind the cab. I used to have an old brochure with the 3500 HD in it laying around, but I can't find it. One of the tanks, I belive, has a 19 gallon capacity. I will try and do some research on this. It has spiked my curiosity.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Originally posted by dmk395
2003 (new) gmc 1 ton dual wheel dumptruck (3500), 2-3yd dump bed.
Okay guys, this may be a dumb question, I'm sorry. This came up on another thread.

This is a "1 ton dual wheel dumptruck", what does that mean? Is the payload capacity 2,000lbs (1 ton)? That's the way I normally understand it.

I'm sure it is just me, my family is in the process of buying a travel trailer, and I am getting all the GVWR, GCWR, GFWR, GRWR mixed up.

·
Registered
168 Posts
To answer Tvov's question about 1 ton trucks, the 1 ton is a truck classification, so is 1/2 ton & 3/4 ton. Normally a regular 1 ton truck with dual rear wheels has a GVWR of 10,000-12,500 lb.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Originally posted by Tvov
Okay guys, this may be a dumb question, I'm sorry. This came up on another thread.

This is a "1 ton dual wheel dumptruck", what does that mean? Is the payload capacity 2,000lbs (1 ton)? That's the way I normally understand it.

I'm sure it is just me, my family is in the process of buying a travel trailer, and I am getting all the GVWR, GCWR, GFWR, GRWR mixed up.
You are correct in you understanding. A "normal" 1 ton pickup would have a 1 ton capacity.
But make that 1 ton chassis a dually and make all the components heavier duty and then you're looking at 5,000lb capacity, but it's still a 1 ton chassis. Make sense?
GVWR is the weight of the truck AND it's load capacity given as a maximum. Mine weighs 7,600lbs (dump beds are heavy) subtracted from the 12,500 GVWR leaves you 4900lbs as a maximum load.

·
Registered
634 Posts
My truck just has one gas tank the 19gal one, I guess on the window sticker it says that the other optional fuel tank was deleted out of the order.
Matt

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.