1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

2004 Chevy Colorado

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by michindi, Aug 1, 2004.

1. michindi

michindi LawnSite Member

Just bought my new work truck. Its the I4 engine with 175 hp. Anybody eles use a mid size truck for work?

2. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

An s-10 or Sonoma with 4x4 and probably a ZR2 package would not be bad if you are pulling a small trailer and limited equipment. Colorado's are the new S-10s but I personally dont like the look of them. Of course I thought Avalanches were not that appealing when they came out but I would love to have one as a 2nd vehicle. Probably also what people thought when Ford went with the rounded front end back in 97(?). Once you see things enough you usually change your tune about them. I guess I just dont like plastic design around the wheel wells.

3. michindi

michindi LawnSite Member

Do you think that the 4 cylinder is stong enough to pull my trailer? I have a 50' dixie 32 walkbehind. The trailer has racks on the side and a cage in the front to hold the blowers.

4. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I would not do it with a 4 banger, but in my case, I would not buy a 4 banger in a truck. Try it and see, best way to find out.

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

is it a manny tranny or auto. If it's manual I would think it's fine. It all depends on your shifting. It will be slow but it shoud get u there.

6. michindi

michindi LawnSite Member

Its a manual trans. The trailer is 6x12 also

7. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't wear out a new 1/2 ton or smaller, pulling a load on a daily basis. Nice truck though.

8. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Do you think that the 4 cylinder is stong enough to pull my trailer? I have a 50' dixie 32 walkbehind. The trailer has racks on the side and a cage in the front to hold the blowers.

You already bought the truck.. so whats the question again??

9. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

It will pull it no doubt, but the tranny and suspension just aint built to pull on a daily basis. Don't they offer a 5 cyl. engine on the Colorado's and Canyon's?

10. michindi

michindi LawnSite Member

They do but my pocket book good not afford it.