1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

2004 f250 door lights

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by bobcatnj, Jul 17, 2006.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

on my 04 f250 the open door light on the dash stays on and the backiup lamps above the sliding back window stay on also.how do i fix this? and yes all the doors are closed

2. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

3. bbailey

bbailey LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Yes it is the door switch, probably on the drivers door cause that is usually the most active door. I just replaced one on my 02 F-350. Don't buy a used latch from a yard, call Ford and get a switch. Not to expensive either. Very common on Fords, I also recently replaced one on my Explorer.

4. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

are they easy to replace?

5. bbailey

bbailey LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

You have to pull the latch out of the door. All you are replacing is the little pin switch. Does not sound like a big deal, but it can be a pain to do. I have done a lot of them and it is pretty easy for me now!

6. notoriousDUG

notoriousDUG LawnSite Member

They are not to hard to change but it is kind of invoved, they are inside the door in the latch.

this is a VERY common Ford failure.

7. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

is the truck still under warranty either factory or the ford ESP if so it should be a cover repair because I am sure that it will cost more than the ded on the ESP plan. Just a thought