• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

2004 or 2005?

nate1422

LawnSite Member
I have a 2004 ExMark Metro 48", pistol grips with 15 hp kawasaki. I have the opportunity to even up trade for a used 2005 Metro 48" with 2 wheel velke attachment and ECS grips with the 15 hp Kohler. Is it a wash with the engines or is there one better than the other, any drawbacks? Personally I like the ECS grips and was in the market for a stand-on so this solves that problem.

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
Why aren't red flags popping up all over? HeLLO!!!! Why is this guy willing to trade his 1 year newer, ECS equipped AND a two wheeled velky for a one year older, pistol gripped machine withOUT a velky?
Can you say rigged up engine ready to go??? there is SOMEthing wrong with this equation.

OP
N

nate1422

LawnSite Member
I bought the 2004 2 months ago, very low hours, from the same dealer that now has this newer piece. A guy bought a 60" lazer and the 48" metro but then never really used the metro so he is selling it on consignment at this dealer, they are a reputable dealer in the area. Currently there is the exmark sulky on it, they will put that on my machine to sell and I would get a 2 wheeled Velke, even up trade. If I kept the sulky, I would owe some extra $$

With that info, still sound like a bad idea to trade or would I be okay? I am going to look at this today and run it, maybe the rain will hold off.

Maitland Man

LawnSite Member
if you like the controls.....get it. The other guy probably didn't like the controls. Although the pistol grip puts my hands through their limits....it's all I use.........no t-bar, handlebar, or ecs garbage here.....old school all the way!

OP
N

nate1422

LawnSite Member
First day I used the pistols, I ripped up my hands, blisters everywhere. I never used a walk-behind so I had a death grip on the thing. Since then I tamed down my grip. It was the operator presence levers that did me in.

Cigarcop

LawnSite Member
I have machines with both grips, and personally the pistol grips are rough on the hands but I like them better than ECS.

Nate, I'm around the corner from you and working home today if you'd like to run the machine. PM (personal message for #) me if so then you'll know for yourself without feeling the pressure of the dealer.

OP
N

nate1422

LawnSite Member
So you probably know the dealer I speak of, actually you probably buy there if you have Exmark. And working at home today, why aren't you mowing....oh that's right, 6" of water and still counting!!!!!! It's nuts.

I am going to go and see the machine and see how it runs. I stopped by Sat. and saw it but I was not about to inspect the machine. I will check it out today. Do you have the Kohler engines on your equipment. I like the kawasaki, it runs super smooth and I really like my machine a lot. This other unit will have to win me over for sure, so if I have any doubts, it will be a no go.

OP
N

nate1422

LawnSite Member
You could have at least lied to me and said you have a kohler and kawasaki and they are both good. I want to see how this things runs tonight, we'll go from there. What equipment are you running??