Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 Toro 36 walk behind t-bar mowers belts are starting to dry rot..I called the local repair place and the earliest I can get it in and out is 2-3 weeks well there is no way I can go that long. So if I buy the belts is it hard to change them? Any tips I am 1/2 way mechanically inclined other 1/2 if it can go wrong it will..lol

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Very easy to replace. Just do it yourself. There are the little side cover plates, remove the bottom bolt and just loosen the top, the whole plate can be rotated out of the way. Stick the back of the mower on a jack so the wheels are off the ground. The belts just slide off sideways, new ones slide on.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Is the place you called the place you bought it from? If so thats is ludicrous, if the belt broke we would do it right away, if they are still working I would just have you leave it for 1 day when you can. Find a new dealer or do it yourself. I just cant believe the crap some of you guys put up with from your dealers. I spoil my lcos compared to what you guys have to put up with.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thats the difference between a GOOD shop and just a guy who sells ya stuff. When a shop takes care of the customers the word spreads. Some repairs are simple but some guys still cant do it so its nice to have a shop that keeps ya going! Nice to see you spoil your lcos and I bet it pays off for you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.