1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

2005 contracts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Oct 7, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

So what is everybody adding new this year for their 2005 contracts? Fees, surcharges, etc.

2. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

For one we are adding bobby's dew surcharge, and a hangover surcharge for those early Saturday morning jobs.

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I am seriously considering adding a small fee, say $1-2 for residential Friday cuts since so many folks want the lawn cut on Friday and of course we can only do so many and maybe even a $1-2 Reduction for a residential Monday cut giving the customer the option. What do ya'll think?

4. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

Contracts for 2005 will include Late fee, clean-up fee (dog), fuel surcharge, bounce check fee, move your garden hose fee, pita fee. I like the idea of charging extra for Thu, Fri & Sat.

How early would you have customers sign 2005 mowing contracts?.

5. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I will be added the "DOG DOO" fee to my contracts. This year I have been side stepping them, but the one morning I got in the truck when there was some "leftover" on the ground changed my mind.

Also, I will be increasing prices across the board due to gas increases since last year's contracts.

6. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I will be adding a clause for my vacation time in mine. Tell me what you think. I charge for 4 cuts a month......what about the months with 5 weeks? I will be taking one of those weeks off and it will be in my contracts.

7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

8. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

I think that I will add fuel surcharge next year.

9. stizostedion_vitreum

stizostedion_vitreum LawnSite Member
    from ND

Our 2005 contracts will include; Mon-Wed Reg. Rates for Residential * Thurs-Sat + $5. Net 20 + Interest on past due, If there's dog doo it's double (I don't have time or patience to clean up this mess,) fuel surcharge of 1% per .05 in gas price increase over $2/gallon, $30 NSF Check, $10 non-scheduled/contract day service fee.

I suggest everyone instates a fuel surcharge based upon a specific rate...

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I allows send out my contracts in November

This year I am having a really strict contract. I figure it weeds outthe bad customers up front. Better to have a descent size of serious customers, than to have a lot of late payers and dead beats that owe $2k to $4k in outstanding invoices.