1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

2006 Equipment and Work

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ALarsh, Apr 22, 2006.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Its a US Cargo trailer and 6.5 X 12.

2. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

looks good....hey where'd u pick that gas station up at??and how much did it cost...looking into doing something like that on my trailer just not sure what yet

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks nice! Hows the toro workin out for you?

4. ALarsh

from Midwest

I got it at www.northerntool.com. Check and see if there is a location by you. Order it through a local northern tool store and you don't have to pay shipping. Only problem with it is that you have to mount it higher than the receiving tank because it is a gravity flow. I'm still planning on where to mount it high enough.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...oduct_6970_200317034_200317034&issearch=19567

I love it. Has been working great and delivers such a nice cut. Only thing it could do better is stripe. I may get a striping kit for it. My next mower will be a toro.:)

5. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

after i posted i check out the cat. and saw it in there....post some pics when u mount....dont know if im gonna buy it right away or not planin on buying a new trailer in the next couple of weeks

6. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, How'd the Ranger pull the 6x12?

7. ALarsh

from Midwest

The ranger pulled the 6.5 X 12 very well power wise (it had the 4.0 liter). No problem in the city. On the highway it would want to go in and out of O/D and was pretty hard to keep up to speed. The biggest downfall was the brakes. It took a looonggg time to stop. If I was pulling the trailer more with a ranger, I would DEFIANTLY get trailer brakes. I do not really need them now with the 2500HD. It would be a good little rig if the trailer had brakes.

8. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool, Alarsh,

At the end of the year, I'm planning on getting the 2006/07 Ranger Fx4 Level 2.

9. rickt

rickt LawnSite Member

Have you asked or read about your local laws concerning the gas station mounting location ?

We mounted one on our trailer a few months back and were pulled over by DOT and said it had to be mounted to our truck.

10. ALarsh

from Midwest

I would pass on the ranger and step right up to a 3/4 ton, used. I made the mistake and purchased 2 vehicles a couple months a part and lost about $1,500. Luckily I was able to get a good price for the ranger both on the buying and selling part. I made the mistake and wouldn't want to do it again.

rickt- I haven't checked but it says it is UN/DOT compliant.