• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

2006 F-150...Worth the money?

FlyByWireMarine09

LawnSite Member
I am a foreman for a landscaping copmany and a roof/siding company. We make enough money to get by. I am thinking of selling my dodge dakota for an F-150 Laraite supercrew. This truck will be driven only by me and used to check up on workers more than towing things around.. The engine is a 5.41L V-8 which is smaller than Dodge Rams and, Chevy 1500's and obviously F-250's... What do you recommend? Is the truck worth the $38,000 it'll cost me?

MudslinginFX4

LawnSite Bronze Member
Sticker price is $38,000 but that truck out the door (tax, tags, title) shouldn't cost any more then $28,000. I just bought a new 2006 F250 diesel lariat fx4 sicker of $51,500 and paid $42,000.

lawnjockey51

LawnSite Member
I bought a 2005 Ford F-250 Diesel Crew Cab back in June. Lariat Package, LOADED. Sticker almost 51k, out the door for 41k. So I think that 38k for a gas F-150 would be way to high.

lawnmaniac883

LawnSite Silver Member
FORGET THAT! If 38k is after negotiation then walk on that one. Go to your dodge dealer and pick up a laramie 2500 w/ HO cummins diesel. DONT SPEND 38K ON A HALF TON.

SouthernYankee

LawnSite Senior Member
Way to high...

My 2005 silverado crew cab with the 5.3 was 22k with a small trade in.

jim dailey

LawnSite Senior Member
As stated earlier, if that is the "out the door" price, DO NOT do it. That is way high for final price. I recently got a 2004 Dodge Ram Quad-Cab w/Hemi and everything under the sun with only 34K on it for just $18,000. Dealer will talk, as sales are down. Shop around a little bit.

Jpocket

LawnSite Silver Member
thats WAYYYY too much for any 1/2 ton truck let alone an F-150.

JLL25

LawnSite Member
FlyByWireMarine09 said:
I am a foreman for a landscaping copmany and a roof/siding company. We make enough money to get by. I am thinking of selling my dodge dakota for an F-150 Laraite supercrew. This truck will be driven only by me and used to check up on workers more than towing things around.. The engine is a 5.41L V-8 which is smaller than Dodge Rams and, Chevy 1500's and obviously F-250's... What do you recommend? Is the truck worth the $38,000 it'll cost me?
I just looked this truck up on Kelley Blue Book and it does book out just shy of $38K. However it also said what consumers are averaging paying for this truck is only $33K. Car sales are way down now anyway they should be happy to move a vehicle, I'd offer $28K.