1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

2006 Scags

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JMB, Oct 21, 2005.

1. JMB

JMB LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Anyone have any info on the new Scags. I was reading the Oct. issue of Turf magazine and I see a small Scag ad under GIE exibits and it looks like Scag is offering new decks called "velocity-plus" and new engine options.
    The Scag website doesen't have anything on the new models. I was getting ready to buy a new (2005)
    Turf Tiger at end of the year prices, but now I don't know what to do...lol.

2. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I heard some talk about the new decks but havnt seen any info on them yet.From what i gathered the new decks have a wider discharge opening which makes it disperse the clippings better.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

The talk is a wider discharge opening on the decks,scag got sued by exmark don't know the story hearsay,the engines is a 24 hp briggs NOT A VG.

4. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

The TigerCub will be offered with a Brigg's ELS. It will not have a commercial air filtering system on it. It's going to be price at $5995.00. It will for the homeowner who wants a Scag at an affordable price. I think most commercial guys will pay the extra 500.00 (or so) for the Kawasaki with commercial air breather.

5. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I demo'ed a Turf Tiger with the 27 Koler and 52inch deck a couple of weeks ago. The engine was a little under powered for 2 weeks of growth(set up by me for the demo and cutting off 4 inches of St. Augutine). The blades bogged down a little at higher speeds, but the Velocity deck blew the grass out in a very wide "spray". I had just demo'ed the Wildcat about a week before with the 25 kawi and 52inch deck Advantage deck and it blew out clumps in the same situations. The wider opening allows for a wider spread but I don't think that it comes out any faster or farther.