Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After mowing this evening, I noticed that the exhaust was glowing red hot. I shut it off so that I could hose out under the deck and clean it up before parking it. When I went to start it up again, it will not stay running. It has 23.5 hours per the meter. Any ideas to check?

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Hmmm...
I am not familiar with what would cause it to do what you explain, its real hard to diagnose anything without being there.
Since this post is a few days old I am assuming you have talked to your dealer already?
Let me know.

Pj

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I haven't talked to the dealer yet. I was just looking for anything to check before trying to borrow a trailer to get it to the dealer. It will run very roughly at a very low idle for 2-3 minutes before dying out. At any higher idle, it will not run at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a follow up...
I got home this evening and decided to check the plugs. You know, run throught the checklist: fire, compression, fuel... Anyway, the spark plugs are firing, but the mower runs better (smoother and as I am used to hearing it run) with the plug rearmost of the mower removed. Maybe this cylinder is dead and the compression is bogging the remaining cylinder?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Have had a similar issue with a honda before, What happend with us was the charge coil woudl stop working and that was the unburnt gas makeing the exhost glow red hot. Then it would not start back up. take it in to your dealer and he can diagnose it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts