Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone. First let me just say I am a newbie to the site. I have been looking to purchase a riding mower for for use at my residence, only about a 1/2 acre. I came across a local classified add selling the above mentioned mower. The seller tells me it has a honda engine with 180 hrs and will also include the rear bagging attachment. He is asking $2950 for the package, Is this a good deal? Also, the hours on the engine seem high for a 2007 model. Is that something I should be worried about? What is the expected engine life? Thanks in advance for all replys.

David M

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
The engine is a 16hp overhead cam v-twin engine, very top notch commercial engine.
But... 2007 with 180 hours?
Was it being used commercially?
I would look at the mower very close, for that many hours in a commercial use in a year, being the mower is made for residential use, seem high to me.

Pj

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pj,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am going to look at it here in a little while. I had the same concerns as you regarding the hours. He swears that it was not used commercially just his home. He seems to be very honest but I will take close look. I am just wondering if it really has 18 hours and he is just misreading the gauge. Does the hour meter have a tenths digit? One last question is the warranty transferable to me if I buy it from him? If so will I need to return to his dealer for work? Thanks again!

David M

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the mower was very used. I just didn't feel comfortable buying it. I found a great dealer that is making me a killer deal on a new unit. I should take delivery on Thursday. Thanks!

David M

1 - 6 of 6 Posts