1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

2007 Rates

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by green acres lawns, Feb 6, 2007.

1. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

How many of you are planning price increases this year? Fuel prices are down some, but every thing else continues to go up. I didn't raise prices last year, but I'm going to this year.

2. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

inflation is like %5 a year, so I go %10 every other year minimum

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I go up some on EVERYTHING... and I do so EVERY YEAR... no exceptions.

4. Cracker Station

Cracker Station LawnSite Member

In my area fuel prices have begun there annual rise. Every few days .04-.08 higher. I would not be surprised to see it on the high side of 2.00 by summer. Later. Cracker

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Still well over $2.00 here.

6. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Actually, that's not true. The real rate of inflation has only been around 2-3% per year over the last few years. Do a search and you'll find this is accurate.

7. JimLewis

We did a pretty hefty increase last year (as high as 10-15% for some customers). So I think I'll leave them alone this year. Our prices are just about right for right now.

But I would encourage anyone who didn't do it last year to definitely get it done this spring.

8. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

2 years ago I did an 'across the board" increase...last year I just targeted the undrepriced accounts. I find a mid-season increase works well, like over the summer...so many LCO's advertise in the spring, it makes it too easy for a client to switch. By the summer the flyers are non-existent and the customer has to make and effort to switch.

9. JimLewis

10. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

mid summer increase? What do you do write up 1/2 season contracts? lol

or worse yet, dont use contracts, lol