Lawn Care Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2008 Ditch Witch SK650 Mini Skid Steer - Only 408hrs

15K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  arbor pro 
#1 ·
Need to sell my 2008 DW sk650 mini skid asap. Buying a brand new one for a tax writeoff and want to have mine sold first.

Just 408 hours and never rented out. I was 2nd owner. Original owner was a landscaper in OK that went out of business and I bought it off of him. I've used it all summer and it is an awesome machine. has 4 hydraulic pumps so you will never starve the loader when trying to make a turn or vice versa.

some basic specs:

81" height to hinge pin
32hp kubota diesel
HD track undercarriage
only 36" wide - has narrow tracks so goes through gates
1300# lifting capacity.
3-valve aux. hydraulics
4 hydraulic pumps.

$15,500 firm. Would consider taking your mini skid in trade as I know a local guy looking for an older smaller mini skid.

I have a broom, trencher, stump grinder and rake grapple available at additional cost.

I can ship pretty cheap or would consider delivering part way for a few bucks.

scott 605-228-9350

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rolling Automotive design

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Gas

See less See more
#7 ·
I would also consider trading for a full-size skid steer or maybe a truck.

A wheeled skidsteer with cab/heat such as a bobcat s185 or the equivalent would be ideal.

something like an f450 or f550 with 12' or longer dump bed or possibly a cab and chassis, 2000 or newer, automatic tranny. Or possibly a low pro gmc or chevy with at least 12' bed but 16' would probably be ideal. Must start easy in cold climate.

#10 ·
ok - I've gotten two dozen PMs since yesterday from folks asking me what my bottom dollar is for 'everything'. I've PMd everybody back asking folks to simply call me to work out a fair price - but nobody calls. Either folks aren't all that interested and are just window shopping or they're afraid I'm going to somehow pressure them into buying my stuff.

Just call me and let's save all the wasted time sending PMs back and forth with endless results. A phone call is so much faster and personable. I tell you what I'm asking for my equipment, you counter with a crazy-low price, then we BS for awhile about what a stinking mess the democrats have made of the economy and, eventually, we meet somewhere in the middle at a fair price that works for both of us. If we can't meet on a price, no hard feelings and it was nice getting to know you...don't forget to vote republican next november.

see, that's wan't so tough. :usflag:

scott 605-228-9350

#11 ·
ok - I've gotten two dozen PMs since yesterday from folks asking me what my bottom dollar is for 'everything'. I've PMd everybody back asking folks to simply call me to work out a fair price - but nobody calls. Either folks aren't all that interested and are just window shopping or they're afraid I'm going to somehow pressure them into buying my stuff.

Just call me and let's save all the wasted time sending PMs back and forth with endless results. A phone call is so much faster and personable. I tell you what I'm asking for my equipment, you counter with a crazy-low price, then we BS for awhile about what a stinking mess the democrats have made of the economy and, eventually, we meet somewhere in the middle at a fair price that works for both of us. If we can't meet on a price, no hard feelings and it was nice getting to know you...don't forget to vote republican next november.

see, that's wan't so tough. :usflag:

scott 605-228-9350
Or you save everyone the time and state what you have to have out of it. I never understood haggling. I personally do not care for it at all. If I am selling something, I know what I have to have for it, and I'll state "price firm". I am not a salesman or a professional buyer and therefore have no desire to spend any more time or energy "negotiating". Some people enjoy that, but I personally think most of us lawn type personalities are no nonsense types that just want to know the price so we can figure out if we can afford it or not. Just my opinion, and may be helpful in your sale. Who knows.

On another note, it looks like a good product, but I personally know I cannot afford it even if I were close enough to buy it. Not because it's too high, but because it is not a priority purchase. Good luck. :)

#12 ·
Or you save everyone the time and state what you have to have out of it. I never understood haggling. I personally do not care for it at all. If I am selling something, I know what I have to have for it, and I'll state "price firm". I am not a salesman or a professional buyer and therefore have no desire to spend any more time or energy "negotiating". Some people enjoy that, but I personally think most of us lawn type personalities are no nonsense types that just want to know the price so we can figure out if we can afford it or not. Just my opinion, and may be helpful in your sale. Who knows.

Bottom dollar is when the maximum price you're willing to pay equals the lowest price I'm willing to take. Sometimes, that price takes a little 'haggling' to work out as each the buyer and seller can change his mind depending on the seriousness of each to make a deal. I prefer to have that discussion over the phone. Call me old-fashioned...

#14 ·
....... did a little research - you've had at least 4 different mini skid steers for sale in the last few months. Are you a dealer or what's going on???
No - I'm just an equipment junkie. I like to try out different makes and models of mini skids and am constantly buying and reselling different ones. And, to clarify, I've actually sold about 8 mini skids this year although I haven't advertised all of them within this forum. My company uses several mini skids along with numerous attachments on a daily basis. Some of these items I keep in use for awhile while others I keep only a short time.

The mini skid market is really growing in my area as other contractors are realizing the value of mini skids to save labor. So, I've resold some of my machines to other local businesses. No local dealers carry new or used machines so I often have contractors asking me about what I have that I might want to sell.

Just in case you're interested, I've owned and used several of the following makes and models of mini skids over the past several years:

Bobcat MT50 & 52, Dingo 420tx & 425tx, Boxer 224tx and 532dx, Vermeer 600tx and Ditch Witch sk500 and sk650.

AP

#15 ·
...Just in case you're interested, I've owned and used several of the following makes and models of mini skids over the past several years: Bobcat MT50 & 52, Dingo 420tx & 425tx, Boxer 224tx and 532dx, Vermeer 600tx and Ditch Witch sk500 and sk650.

AP
Adding to the aforementioned comment - I'd like to think of myself as more knowledgeable than dealership or someone who merely 'flips' equipment that they buy on auction as I've actually field tested each of the mini skids or attachments that I sell. How many dealerships or 'flippers' do that? I at least know what I'm selling.

I'll also add this - a month ago. I sold adingo 425tx mini skid to a large landscaping company. It was sold As-Is with no warranty. I also sold a rotary broom to this company. Two weeks and about 20 hours of use later, the engine apparently blew. I know this because I called to follow up on how it was working out. Without being asked to do so, I offered to help cover the cost of the engine rebuild. If I sell something, I will be honest about any defects up front. If someone feels they got the short end of the stick, I'll do what I can to correct the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.