1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

2009 vs 2010 Grandstand

Discussion in 'Toro' started by rem-md, Apr 23, 2010.

1. aclm

aclm LawnSite Member
    from Montana

Thank you to both of you that have responded.

The problem is this....THEY DON'T HAVE A NEWER MODEL AND THEY TELL ME THIS IS THE LATEST MODEL. I am being told this is the most current model available by this dealer.

So do I have grounds to call them out on it, if there really is a later model available, do I walk away from the sale, tell them to order a newer version, knock money off the older version???

All input is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

2. Blazerfb

Blazerfb LawnSite Member

I'd look somewhere nearby for a new model. Your dealer will still be able to service it. Or ask them to order a new one for you. I would not buy the old model. The steering controls are very much inferior to the later model. Walk away from it. It's January, they will be dying for a sale and will either be willing to order a new one or discount you that one. Again though, I can't say this enough, I would not settle for the older models.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

sounds like to me your dealer is a ****** bag. forget that guy completley. he is lying straight out to get a sale. also, that is really way over priced even for a current model. we paid so much less it was not even funny for the newest models