2009 Z Spray Max Hydro Filters

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by RodneyK, Jan 6, 2019.

1. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

Working on my parts list. Have found everything online, etc. for my Z Spray Max except the hydro filters. Anyone cross reference the hydro filter yet? Really want to be able to have multiple options for parts. Thanks in advance.

2. UpNorthMowing

UpNorthMowing LawnSite Fanatic
    from Ontario

Do you have the oem part number ?

3. RodneyK

I appreciate the effort. I think my point is being missed. You pulled up a bunch of filter images. First one should match the best right? It is much taller than what the original filter is. May be ok, may not be. None of the numbers on that filter have anything to do with 80404. They are just filters, no cross reference to 80404.

https://www.stenspartswarehouse.com/Stens-120-166-p/120-166.htm

I can go to each image and figure out if it would work. But, what my original question is has anyone done this already. Apparently not. So, I will just order the true Z Spray filters from:

https://ggfleetsupply.com/product/z-sprayer-hydraulic-filter-pn-gg80404/
    or Site One
    or Toro/Z-Spray

And or take to NAPA/other to measure, check specs, etc. so I can have local access to them. Once I have a true cross reference/replacement I will post it back here or take it to my grave, I haven't decided yet which one yet. :)

4. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

yes, he can use google but chose to post here. So again, if you don't want to help people then don't post in the thread...it isn't that hard and I'm not asking you guys again

BigFish likes this.
  5. RodneyK

Thanks Michael. Can you please just take this post down? It's not productive. I'll figure it out and gladly answer if it ever gets asked again.

6. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

we can leave the thread for further discussion

7. RodneyK

Ok, thanks. I don't believe it is a simple google search as it is a Z Spray branded filter and number. Since it is Z Spray branded it is not listed in any cross reference lists that I have found. Maybe with dimensions and specs it could be found via Google.

UpNorthMowing likes this.
  8. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Silver Member

Best bet is to find a hydraulic shop locally and bring the filter with you. They can match it up. That has to be a private label hydraulic filter rebranded for Z Spray. I am sure it is a common spin on hydraulic filter with a 25 micron rating, such as an AE25 or WIX 51551. You want to double check dimensions and thread size against your current filter.

UpNorthMowing and RodneyK like this.
  9. RodneyK

Update. The Z Spray part numbers have been updated to basically Exmark part numbers. The new part number for the hydro filter is Exmark: 135-5695 Since I wasn't smart enough to do research before I put my last two filters on I ordered one from my local Exmark dealer. Once I have that I will follow Walker56's advice and find a comparable WIX/other filter.

10. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for posting back with an update.