1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

2010 fall fescue seeding

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by grassmasterswilson, Aug 9, 2010.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Just curious what everyone's prices look like this year. Any change from last year? What are you sq ft minimum and price per sq ft? Last year I think I was at 15 per 1000 for aerating and seeding. Extra for fert application. With a 75 minimum. Really think my minimum was a little low and think I can get a couple dollars more for the package. Haven't priced seed yet, but don't think it has changed.

2. ricsin1

ricsin1 LawnSite Member

im in Atlanta, G and my lawn care company charges $130... my lot is only 4000 square feet and 1200 of that is a bermuda front lawn - which they dont overseed but $130 is the MINIMUM they charge ... so even though i have fescue on the back & boths sides of the house i still have to pay that same $130 minimum....

i was really thinking about killing the bermuda front yard but i hear that it takes a long time to do and then the front yard might look jacked up for the 1st year or so until the fescue tries to "take over " the bermuda + i would have to apply all types of bermuda supression .... but i digress.... back to the original question....

$130 minimum down here in Atlanta with Top Turf Lawn Care...

3. stephen424

stephen424 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in Charlotte. Last year I charge $150 to aerate, seed and fertilize 1/4 or less.
    I got 50lb bags of Lesco Trigold for $40, Lesco starter fert for $20.

And for 1/4 or less, you only use a half bag of seed.

This year I am going to try Winning Colors fescue from Shemin Nursery. It's also $40/bag

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I think that I would want a minimum or at least $125 for coming out, but I wouldn't advertise that I have a minimum.