1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

2010 Super Z price check

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Matt Denny, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Matt Denny

Matt Denny LawnSite Member

Hello, first post here and was looking for some advice/price check on a 2010 Hustler Super Z. I have the opportunity to puchase this unit for $3800. Its a one owner with 800 hours on it. Has a 31 Kawasaki and appears to have been taken care of. I plan on mowing my personal property of 3 acres with it plus a few other 1/2 acre lots. Is this a reasonable price for this unit. If proper maintenance has been is 800 hours something to be concerned about? What would be tge expected lifespan. Thanks for any advice

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Just so you know- the 2010 Kawi 31 was labeled as 31 under the old system that was overrated by a couple to several HP number from what they actually were/are. That 31 is the FX850, which is a true 27 hp. I have one in my JD and it is plenty of power for a 60" deck in all but the very worst of conditions. 800 hours isn't that many for a commercial unit, but only if it was properly maintained and operated. The price doesn't seem at all out of line to me for a commercial mower of that age and hours. In fact, I'd say it was a good price if the condition of it is good.

3. JaekayDesign

JaekayDesign LawnSite Member

Hustler super Z’s have big hydro systems in them if I am correct, and they are built like M1 tanks. I’d say that is a good price and will do you just fine. Esp a hustler made 7 years ago.... should be a beast

4. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

That 2010 was before the hyper drive system, but should still be a great mower for the money.

5. Matt Denny

Matt Denny LawnSite Member

Thanks for the responses guys. Any idea how many hours a commercial unit like this runs before it completely falls apart. I was looking at a new Ferris is700 with a vangaurd motor. Obviously the price is about 3000 more. Just not sure if 800 hours is newer or towards the end of a mowers life.

6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

That is on the low end for a commercial unit. You should be able to get 2000 plus out of one that is properly maintained. That is not to say that you will not have to do any repairs (though you may not have to do a single one by the 2k mark), but the same is true for even new machines.

7. C&C Landscaping

C&C Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have two of them. The hyper drive is a GREAT option, the flex forks are great as well. 800 hours if maintained is fine. I have that same motor on one and it’s doing just fine at about the same hours that the one your looking at.
    FYI...the hyper drive is now a 1500.00 option in my area.
    If I needed a mower of this type I would pay the 3800.00