1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

2011 F350 Unleaded

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Storm the Patriot, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Storm the Patriot

Storm the Patriot LawnSite Member

Pretty close to buying one...

the good...the bad...the ugly? :dancing:

anyone know anything about these?

It is significantally less expensive then the rest on the lot...probably because it is more of a work truck(which i like a lot better!)

Thoughts?

2. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

Go to thedieselstop.com and read about the 6.2 powered trucks under the 2011 section.

3. Storm the Patriot

Thanks for the advice...

Besided the obvious difference between diesel and gas...is there a big difference between an f350 diesel and a f350 gas?

4. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Did you get to drive the 6.2? Let us know what you thought of it.

5. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

There is a difference I test drove them both about a month ago. The 6.2 is pretty powerful but I didn't get to tow anything with it but I think the truck can only tow like 10 or 11,000 I know an f-250 with 5.4 is only rated at 9000 lbs. But I just couldn't pay 32,000 for a reg cab strip down XL with a 6.2 that's crazy and put 6.7 in it and now it 42,000.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Storm the Patriot

I ended up getting it...had them put the biggest tires possible on it and black rims...its a beauty!

7. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats:drinkup:
    Pics man pics!!! I may go that route instead of another diesiel. let us know you fuel milage towing and driving around town.

8. Storm the Patriot

i tell you i think the gas mileage is a lot better then the diesel...i have driven around 150 miles and am not yet to half a tank.