Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 · (Edited)
I would try cutting without the mulch kit..........bet there is a big difference.
We use a sentar and get a pretty good cut...but if anything builds up inside the deck we get straglers.......we have a husqvarna mower with mulch kit and it sucks...took the mulch kit off and its a beautiful cut
Just a thought....take the mulch kit off.....put gater mulching bades on...my sense is you will see a better cut
We dont run a mulch kit. We bag everything...fluid film the decks and scrape if they build up

Nevermind...I see that was for cp

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread.
No worries...I dont put a whole lot of stock in "hijacking" a thread. If you are standing around shooting the sh*t with a few guys and someone brings up something else do you yell at them not to hijack the conversation? I just thought he was talking to me and realized he wasn't:drinkup:

Not to mention...you are brining up perfectly relevant things to the topic anyways....I honestly wouldnt care if you didnt though

for

That will be my next step thanks! But Gator blades? I'm told they are great for leaves not so much for grass.
Gators are a waste of money trust me. Not all that good for leaves or grass. The stock high lift are best for bagging. For mulching we notch out the stock bagging blades kind of like rambos back side on his bowie knife. With 3/8 inch gaps to shred grass and stop lift.

Gators are a waste of money trust me. Not all that good for leaves or grass. The stock high lift are best for bagging. For mulching we notch out the stock bagging blades kind of like rambos back side on his bowie knife. With 3/8 inch gaps to shred grass and stop lift.
The ones I have are notched out on the back side, I'm sure they are stock toro blades, Well I know they are, I looked them up on the toro site to make sure they were high lift blades.

The ones I have are notched out on the back side, I'm sure they are stock toro blades, Well I know they are, I looked them up on the toro site to make sure they were high lift blades.

We bought two Stander zk this spring. One 61/31, and one 52/27. I started s thread saying how great they were and so on, I spoke to soon. Don't get me wrong we like the machines, but the cut quality is sh!t.

So I feel your pain, in my opinion for an $11,000 machine, or two in this case I should be able to bolt three plastic spoons under there and have a perfect cut..... jmo.
Posted via Mobile Device

Discussion starter · #29 ·
We bought two Stander zk this spring. One 61/31, and one 52/27. I started s thread saying how great they were and so on, I spoke to soon. Don't get me wrong we like the machines, but the cut quality is sh!t.

So I feel your pain, in my opinion for an $11,000 machine, or two in this case I should be able to bolt three plastic spoons under there and have a perfect cut..... jmo.
Posted via Mobile Device
Wow....It seems like that is the consensus on these machines.:hammerhead: I feel for you on buying two. Thinking about the one I bought turns my stomach and I wasted less than half of what you did.

Wow....It seems like that is the consensus on these machines.:hammerhead: I feel for you on buying two. Thinking about the one I bought turns my stomach and I wasted less than half of what you did.
Ya, well we have been running all Wright Stander since 2001. So I never thought twice before buying two more this spring, my fault I guess.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know that the ones with the new deck have the new gas tanks on them. The tanks with the fuel gauge and and the cap at 45degrees versus flat on top but I am not sure of the deck design look. If I get a chance, I will post a picture of mine that has the new deck to see if you can tell any difference from above the deck.

I know that the ones with the new deck have the new gas tanks on them. The tanks with the fuel gauge and and the cap at 45degrees versus flat on top but I am not sure of the deck design look. If I get a chance, I will post a picture of mine that has the new deck to see if you can tell any difference from above the deck.
Is yours the x, or the normal Stander?
Posted via Mobile Device

The new deck has two big notches in the front of it, making it oddly shaped, and the front edge is sloped like a Scag deck, only not as sharply. The trim side is straight instead of curved (a major problem, from my point of view, since the edge will catch on fences, etc.) Someone posted pictures of the bottom of the new deck under a thread about the Stander X. It looks like it uses a similar wavy baffle to the old deck, but it is much cleaner (all the attachment bolts are in front of the baffle). I've only seen the new deck on the X.

Posted via Mobile Device
I remember reading your post about how much you liked the ZK and now you're not happy? what changed?

I remember reading your post about how much you liked the ZK and now you're not happy? what changed?
I spent some time on it. As I stated above the cut quality is complete crap, I love almost everything else about the machine.

Totally clean under side of deck and brand new Scag high lift blades and still cuts like a 1993 Craftsman mower.
Posted via Mobile Device

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.