2012 Gravely Updates

fsujammer

LawnSite Member
Anybody heard or been told by your dealers what we can expect for changes from Gravely this year? I am thinking about trading in my Dixie Chopper for a ProMaster or Pro Ride 200 and possibly also getting a Pro Stance 34inch.

THIESSENS TLC

LawnSite Bronze Member
You will love the pro stance!
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
fsujammer

fsujammer

LawnSite Member
I take it you have one yourself. Do you have a bagger for it, if so, which one would you recommend.

THIESSENS TLC

LawnSite Bronze Member
mine is a 2008, not sure what a 2012 has for features. No bagger, i side discharge & mulch. mulching kit is awesome! i tell everybody this...my 08 weighs 730lbs. not sure about the 2012. but she is heavy with narrow tires.

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
mine is a 2008, not sure what a 2012 has for features. No bagger, i side discharge & mulch. mulching kit is awesome! i tell everybody this...my 08 weighs 730lbs. not sure about the 2012. but she is heavy with narrow tires.
That spells "rut" to me. I don't understand why these manufacturers don't use a wider tire on the back so it won't rut even in soft soil.

I just don't get it. My BOP 36 dually has a smaller tire then I'd like. It doesn't rut up anywhere but I'd still like to have a wider tire.

THIESSENS TLC

LawnSite Bronze Member
That spells "rut" to me. I don't understand why these manufacturers don't use a wider tire on the back so it won't rut even in soft soil.

I just don't get it. My BOP 36 dually has a smaller tire then I'd like. It doesn't rut up anywhere but I'd still like to have a wider tire.
of course its going to rut in soft conditions, all mowers will eventually rut if you cut in the same direction every week. your BOP probly weighs half of what my pro stance weighs.

OP
fsujammer

fsujammer

LawnSite Member
Anybody seen one of the new Pro Ride 400 series mowers in person yet? What did you think of the new air ride seat?

Wecutgrass

LawnSite Senior Member
i have a 34z and i think the point of putting the smaller tires on them is to keep the tires and the deck the same width. if you put wider tires on the mower then it was defeat the purpose of having a smaller deck to get threw fences because the tires would be wider then the deck meaning you won't be able to get into 36" gates. i bag with my 34z which is the same thing pretty much as the pro stance 34 and i use the bag called "grass packer" i think its like 300 bucks.

Razorblades

LawnSite Bronze Member
Anybody heard or been told by your dealers what we can expect for changes from Gravely this year? I am thinking about trading in my Dixie Chopper for a ProMaster or Pro Ride 200 and possibly also getting a Pro Stance 34inch.
I bought a Gravely Pro Ride 260 mower last September and was impressed with the cut quality, considering the dry summer we had last year didn't leave alot of quality cutting to do.

Are you aware that the Pro Ride 200 series is basically the same mower as the EverRide Warrior? That deck will cut tall,stemmy grass, thick wet grass very well, and will do it at a pretty high speed.

The Gravely ProMaster series has the Gravely designed XDZ deck with Hydraulic lift. It will chop up the clippings more than the ProRide deck will, if that is an important point for you.

Both models should cut as well or better than the Dixie Chopper, depending on what DC Model you have. There could be certain types of grass that the Dixie Chopper might cut better....maybe some of the more limber Northern grasses.

OP
fsujammer

fsujammer

LawnSite Member
Anybody heard of the pricing for the new ProRide 400 series? I would be interested in the 60 inch deck.