1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

2012 Toro TurboForce 48 price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Icepuck72, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Icepuck72

Icepuck72 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys....been out of the game for a while. Neighbor down the street has one for sale, only has a few hours on it. It is not a hydro. However, he's selling it for $3600. Is this a good deal? I just started looking last night and this one stuck out. Looks clean from the pics. Going by today to look.

Thx

2. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like a pretty good deal, how many hours are on it?

3. Icepuck72

Icepuck72 LawnSite Senior Member

says 3 or 4. I'm taking a buddy with me today to check it out.

Question....when I was doing lawns before, I had an Exmark TTHP. Will going from a hydro to gear driven be a big deal?

4. Crimson Lawn

Crimson Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I found going to a hydro from a belt was night and day. I will not go back to a belt drive. You may not think it is a big deal but me and my employees can not stand belt drives. Terrible when its wet, terrible when its hot and a body abuser unless all your properties are flat or slightly inclined, but hey that's just us.

5. grassdoc

grassdoc LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

You will not like going from a hydro to a belt. I went from belt to hydro a long time ago. A deal came up on an Exmark belt drive. When I ran it for an hour I realized how much easier and more productive a hydro really is. Just my two cents.

6. bjack312

bjack312 LawnSite Member

Might be a little high on the price. My local dealer has them listed for $3,398 new.