2012 weather predictions

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
So what's your weather prediction for your area based on your judgements? I am in se mn and think its will be a drier year and hot towards the end like 2011. I don't think the next winter will be as dry, but unseasonably dry from what we are used to.
Posted via Mobile Device

chips17

LawnSite Member
That was jim with the weather, now back to ron in the newsroom...

KrayzKajun

LawnSite Fanatic
I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling the Gulf Coast (LA,TX,MS.AL,FL) is going to have a very active hurricane season. We could prolly use a good storm to stimulate the economy down here, but nuthing in the Katrina size from 2005.
Posted via Mobile Device

ecurbthims

LawnSite Senior Member
I have never ever been wrong with a weather prediction .I predict that there is definately going to be weather of some kind this year .That goes for all areas of the globe .

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
That's weird. My post isn't there now! Wonder what happened to it?

jackal

LawnSite Senior Member
I said I did one, I didn't say it worked. I was about 10 inches behind last year, so Im just hoping for normal rainful in 2012. 2 inches every week on Saturday night would be nice.

OP
J

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
I said I did one, I didn't say it worked. I was about 10 inches behind last year, so Im just hoping for normal rainful in 2012. 2 inches every week on Saturday night would be nice.
Yeah, in a perfect world. There also wouldn't be 30mph winds during leaf season either. Or ice then snow. That sucks when its under there. Makes it very difficult. It's the weather. So who knows. We need something to talk about, besides which mower or blower to buy.

But seriously, I don't think in my area doing mowing only will be profitable this year. Another reason why I'm wanting to do fert and pest apps.
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
More of the same for my area. Just enough moisture to keep the area from turning into a desert but not enough for real grass. It's been this way for over 10 years now.