2013 26HP Walker MTEFI

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by zete, Jan 1, 2016.

1. zete

zete LawnSite Member

have a 2013 26HP Walker MTEFI and find it very difficult to grease the PTO joint which is recommend every 8 hours. Does any one have any supporting ideas on how do this with out so much difficult?
    i have found little on YouTube supporting their mowers. Find this disappointing.

Thanks

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Slide the deck off if you are having problems getting at the fittings with it on the power unit. U-joints don't need greasing every 8 hours. I have over 6000 hours on one of my mowers and never had to replace a u-joint. My manual lists every 25 hours and I don't do it that often.

3. ericg

ericg LawnSite Silver Member

There is little you can do to make the job less difficult. Make sure that you have 90 degree grease fittings and that they are positioned for easiest access for the grease gun coupling. We grease those fittings once per week and have not found any appreciable wear to the joints over time.

4. zete

zete LawnSite Member

5. zete

zete LawnSite Member

I really don't know why there are NO youtube vids showing "how to" basics for Walker Mowers. ie grease points, changing blades, etc

6. ericg

The owners manual gives great information such as grease points, fluid checks etc. The manuals can be downloaded here:
    http://m.walkermowers.com/manuals.php
    If there is anything specific I may be able to help you

7. zete

zete LawnSite Member

Thanks. Some of the grease pts. are hard to locate and a vid would help, but for now I am wondering how to change out a set of blades. i have been told it can be tricky because there is a right and a left and need to be torqued properly. Thanks.

8. ericg

9. zete

zete LawnSite Member

Thanks, and I do appreciate. Still wish Youtube would get involved it would make live a lot easier.

10. ricky86

ricky86 LawnSite Silver Member

Great machines aren't anywhere near as labor intensive a those abominations. Mid-mount Z has it all over them.