2013 26HP Walker MTEFI

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by zete, Jan 1, 2016.

1. ericg

ericg LawnSite Silver Member

Ricky, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. I still think that Walkers cut better than any other machine. I dont mind working on them.

hort101 likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    zete

zete LawnSite Member

Going to attempt to put 90 wt oil into axle gear boxes on this same unit. 1st i will remove tires and need advice as to jacking mower up so I can get to the bottom of the unit. where it the best place to jack from?

3. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Fanatic

Are you performing a drain and refill or just adding fluid to the final drives?
    If you have some assistance, lift the rear of the mower and put the jack under the tail wheel and lift from there. Once enough clearance is obtained, place blocks of wood under the rear of the frame for safety. The other alternative, is to get a low profile jack under the rear of the frame, right under the engine, and lift from there. You only have to go up about two inches to get the tire off.

hort101 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    zete

zete LawnSite Member

Yes, I am doing a drain and refill. The manual isn't real clear as to how much oil is need......I guess i am to fill it to the top.
    Thanks for your reply.

5. Walker56

Use the breather hole to fill. I fill to just below the bottom of the fill plug hole. That ishow they come from the factory.

6. OP
    OP
    zete

zete LawnSite Member

Ok, thank you

7. OP
    OP
    zete

zete LawnSite Member

I have yet another concern that maybe you can shed some light on: HYDROSTATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID

8. OP
    OP
    zete

zete LawnSite Member

CONTINUED - I am not able to see the fluid through the thick plastic on the reservoir cold line. I only have 295 hours on the engine. I am thinking it is ok, but being cautious I would like to see the fluid. Is there a trick to use? The manual says to put a light to it - i have but still can't see any fluid. Is this a problem for most? I don't want to have to take it to a dealer and spend lots of money in not necessary. any feedback?

9. Walker56

Do you have the shrink wrap on the reservoir and cover? If so, so as not to void the warranty, the only way is the flashlight method. If the shrink wrap is not there, unscrew the entire reservoir. Please note the reservoir is a left hand thread so you have to turn it to the right to loosen it. Once removed, the fluid in the Hydro should be to the top of the casting, just before the reservoir threads start.

10. Walker56

The reservoir is really just an expansion tank as the hydro pump/motor is self contained.