1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

2013 Stripe contest!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by THEGOLDPRO, May 2, 2013.

1. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I know I have no chance of winning this but may aswell try
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i like prostreetcamaro's the best so far.

the others people have talked about are good but it's almost like they look too good. it gives the yard a "fake" or unnatural look to me. almost looks like astro-truf. what do i know. i'm from the south and we don't stripe down here where i live. :laugh:

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  3. lawnguy27

lawnguy27 LawnSite Member

I have no chance of winning but anyways!

Brians2.jpg

Brians.jpg

4. nashlawn01

nashlawn01 LawnSite Senior Member

Here's mine. They don't compare to some. It's so early in season haven't got many new pics 1st one is last year 2nd is this year[​IMG][​IMG]

5. StockmanLawnscape

StockmanLawnscape LawnSite Member

The first two are the two I would want to use if I make it to the poll. They are just different than back and forth, that's why I personally like them. The third is from a 30" Toro, just for fun. Nice work everyone!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

The last pic is a nice stripe They have even color You don't see tire stripes

7. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

All of these are great, especially the culdesac, but the last is interesting. The lighter stripes have an almost transparent look to them.

Also, I believe I can see your footprints in them.

8. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, here's a mediocre cell phone pic from a mediocre stand of Kentucky 31, but we don't have much cool season grass to stripe here in eastern NC:

[​IMG]

9. welldone2523

welldone2523 LawnSite Member

Cellphone photo from 4/25/13

image.jpg

10. welldone2523

welldone2523 LawnSite Member

UPDATED:

Description:

Second mowing of this 2013 season. First mow ran from lower right to upper left. Cut height at 3.25" and I have done the fertilizing treatments on this property for the last 1.5 yrs. I used a Toro Grandstand 60" with the toro brand striper. These stripes were done with a single pass. I hope to compare to the other fantastic photos submitted by the lawnsite members!