2014 Permagreen help

Dog1234

LawnSite Member
I have a 2014 that I am trying to calibrate. I am getting 42 oz on wide high speed nozzle at 20 seconds. I am told it should be 32 oz . I am getting 14 oz on the high speed trim nozzle. I am told that should be 11 oz. I talked to Dan at Permagreen and he said their is an adjustment on pump. I tried adjusting it with the allen head screw. It made no difference in the out put. I know I can adjust my solution to go at it with the mentioned output, but I want to have it right. I think I can change nozzles again, but don't want to really spend anymore money on it.

So what I m asking is does anyone have any suggestions as to why it putting out more that it should that I may have over looked. RPMs are 3450 also.

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
42 ounces per what? Is that 42 ounces in 20 seconds? (126 oz per minute.) It is more accurate to find the ounces output for one minute.
Do you mean 42 ounces per 1000 sqft? Is this a PG Magnum?
Do you have a pressure gauge? Is the pressure too high? Nozzles too big?
Really this is good news. Strong pump.
If you cover an 10 ft swath pass--you will cover 3520 sqft per minute, at 4 miles per hour--applying about 36 ounces per 1000 sqft. This is near ideal--since most operators use this wide swath path, anyway.
Then use Excel to print a fill chart with one ounce 3-way per 36 ounces of water-- (about 3.5 ounces per gallon).

Mr Efficiency

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have a 2014 that I am trying to calibrate. I am getting 42 oz on wide high speed nozzle at 20 seconds. I am told it should be 32 oz . I am getting 14 oz on the high speed trim nozzle. I am told that should be 11 oz. I talked to Dan at Permagreen and he said their is an adjustment on pump. I tried adjusting it with the allen head screw. It made no difference in the out put. I know I can adjust my solution to go at it with the mentioned output, but I want to have it right. I think I can change nozzles again, but don't want to really spend anymore money on it.

So what I m asking is does anyone have any suggestions as to why it putting out more that it should that I may have over looked. RPMs are 3450 also.
From what I read, you said change nozzles again? Did you change the nozzles?

What novels did you put in there or are they stock, did you change the pressure relief cap also from 20 psi to 30 PSI cap to increase the pressure? The black pressure cap is down on lower back of the machine near the joints.

Mr Efficiency

LawnSite Bronze Member
42 ounces per what? Is that 42 ounces in 20 seconds? (126 oz per minute.) It is more accurate to find the ounces output for one minute.
Do you mean 42 ounces per 1000 sqft? Is this a PG Magnum?
Do you have a pressure gauge? Is the pressure too high? Nozzles too big?
Really this is good news. Strong pump.
If you cover an 10 ft swath pass--you will cover 3520 sqft per minute, at 4 miles per hour--applying about 36 ounces per 1000 sqft. This is near ideal--since most operators use this wide swath path, anyway.
Then use Excel to print a fill chart with one ounce 3-way per 36 ounces of water-- (about 3.5 ounces per gallon).
Regg
2014 is a permagreen Triumph, 32 oz in 20 sec comes out to 3,000 sqft a min and 1/4 gal per 1,000 sqft at 3,450 rmp stock speed. Travel 143 ft in 20 seconds in high and 27 seconds in low.

OP
D

Dog1234

LawnSite Member
New factory nozzles, 42 ounces in 20 seconds. 20 seconds is what it take to cover 1000 sq ft. If I am spraying at 11' drop to drop. This is what Permagreen is telling me. I guess I leave at 42 oz and figure rte off that?

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
143 times 3 would be 429 feet per minute.
429 times 11 feet would be 4719 sqft per minute.
Can you overlap and reduce your swath to 9.3 feet and thereby cover 4000 sqft per minute?
(143 times 3, times 9.3) would be 3990 sqft per minute).
Mix about 1 ounce of 3-way for each 42 ounces of solution, about 3 ounces per gallon.

Mr Efficiency

LawnSite Bronze Member
143 times 3 would be 429 feet per minute.
429 times 11 feet would be 4719 sqft per minute.
Can you overlap and reduce your swath to 9.3 feet and thereby cover 4000 sqft per minute?
(143 times 3, times 9.3) would be 3990 sqft per minute).
Mix about 1 ounce of 3-way for each 42 ounces of solution, about 3 ounces per gallon.

Spread pattern is 14' so you get 7' centers, spray pattern is 11' wide with 2 ' overlap on each side of the pass of the finest spray to get same coverage as center 7' heavier spray so you get 7 foot centers.

143'×3=429' ×7' pass =3,003' sqft per min