2019 Scag Patriot thoughts please.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Kingsmen20015, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Kingsmen20015

Kingsmen20015 LawnSite Member

So as a back story I started with a push mower and then a rider and a scag liberty z. I have around 720hr on the liberty and nothing major wrong with it. But as we have grown I picked up the 2019 scag patroit praise GOD. I hear some people dog them but I would like to hear from people that have used them or something close. So what is the life expectancy if well maintained and over all performance and down sides and anything to watch out for. I figure if the liberty is in okay condition after 720 commercials hr then the patroit should last 2-3000.

2. theltz81

theltz81 LawnSite Member

I havn’t used one but I plan on purchasing one very soon. I went to look at them at a local dealer and they look like a solid mower. Very beefy. Scag doesn’t make junk so I’m sure it’ll last a long time with proper maintenance. I’m digging the new black color also.

Kingsmen20015 likes this.
  3. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Nooooo

A tiger cat might get you 3000 hours
    The patriot is below that

4. OP
    OP
    Kingsmen20015

Me to, i wish it had the zt 3400 on the 52in other then that I like it.

5. theltz81

theltz81 LawnSite Member

Right, and a velocity deck but it is what it is and I think its a solid mower for the price point. The fact that I can get a 15% military discount on scags helps too. I can’t justify a 9k tiger cat.

Kingsmen20015 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Kingsmen20015

7. theltz81

theltz81 LawnSite Member

I’m pretty sure they make them for them but not oem. I’ve read they are a bit of a pain to install but doable.

8. OP
    OP
    Kingsmen20015

You are right they do. But my dealer didn't have any and the loan wouldnt cover a separate purchase. I kinda like the custom idea. I can make it bolt up with the ears on the deck where the original plastic chute bolts up to. I'm having a hard time deciding how to lock up the chute blocker tho.

theltz81 likes this.
  9. AlohaMowing

AlohaMowing LawnSite Member

Is that a dealer discount or from Scag?

10. OP
    OP
    Kingsmen20015