Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m getting new accounts in January lol. I’m pricing around $120-$140/hr and there’s been zero pushback. Just landed a $70 account today that should take me 20-25 minutes. Got a dozen or so price increase letters going out soon and I’m feeling good about them. The dollars not what it was a year ago but it’s good to feel on top of inflation.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
$120 to $140/hr on each job site or is that as an average for the day? What does it mean at the end of the day is what really matters. If you have to drive 20 minutes each way for 20 minute jobs in different directions to make that rate it cuts the true hourly rate to 1/3 of your onsite rate. Your hourly rate should be from the time you show up at your shop and start loading until you lock the door at night divided by your gross $ for the day.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$120 to $140/hr on each job site or is that as an average for the day? What does it mean at the end of the day is what really matters. If you have to drive 20 minutes each way for 20 minute jobs in different directions to make that rate it cuts the true hourly rate to 1/3 of your onsite rate. Your hourly rate should be from the time you show up at your shop and start loading until you lock the door at night divided by your gross $ for the day.
My route is generally tight with an overall average of a few minutes between accounts. That number is time on site.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keep in mind I'm in dense suburbs

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
My route is generally tight with an overall average of a few minutes between accounts. That number is time on site.
What I'm trying to say is what you make per day is what matters. I've gotten to the point that I care more about who I'm working and how they treat me than what I'm mowing and, to a degree, how much it pays.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What I'm trying to say is what you make per day is what matters. I've gotten to the point that I care more about who I'm working and how they treat me than what I'm mowing and, to a degree, how much it pays.
I won't know until the growing season but doing 10 of these in a 8-9 hour day should be sufficient. I'm exceptionally picky about the accounts I take and my enjoyment of the jobs and clients.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So you do a 9 hour day and can gross $700, that is excellent! Fill in with some small landscaping jobs and you're on your way to 100k net solo.
I think it would be extraordinary to hit a number like that with my setup even more so. I run a 4 day mowing week so there's that, but yeah, with some projects I'll be eating the expensive brand of ramen :nod:

·
Registered
695 Posts
My final year solo I grossed 114k. Mostly maintenance with some projects. It was my 3rd year solo. I had employees before and cherry picked accounts to keep. I worked a helper 17 days that year. My younger brother on his days off of school. Mainly the large mulch jobs. I was running a 52” grandstand. I felt good about it but my phone was ringing off the hook. I was maxed schedule wise and income wise. So I hired employees. 3 years and 6 full time 3 part time guys later I’m bringing home maybe 10k more a year. I do have a lot more equipment. Very rarely do maintenance only installs. But, solo isn’t so bad. Some days I’m ready to blow the thing up and go solo again some days I’m ready to hire 5 more.

congrats on the pricing. Keep giving the detailed service you are and you won’t have trouble filling a schedule

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm getting new accounts in January lol. I'm pricing around $120-$140/hr and there's been zero pushback. Just landed a $70 account today that should take me 20-25 minutes. Got a dozen or so price increase letters going out soon and I'm feeling good about them. The dollars not what it was a year ago but it's good to feel on top of inflation.
Man, I wish that was happening where I'm at. Here in Oklahoma there's no work right now, and there were barely any leaf cleanups at all. There's at least another 2 months before things get going, even a little bit.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts