Lawn Care Forum banner
141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I raised the price on all my lawns and added a dump fee any time i bag a lawn.One customer paid only half his bill and had another lawn company come by to give him a estimate while i was mowing them earlier this week. I have another customer that is two weeks past due $500. These are all heavy fertilized lawns with almost million dollar homes. This will be a trend for days to come. I only raised them enough to counter fuel cost. Two bad apples so far.

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
I raised the price on all my lawns and added a dump fee any time i bag a lawn.One customer paid only half his bill and had another lawn company come by to give him a estimate while i was mowing them earlier this week. I have another customer that is two weeks past due $500. These are all heavy fertilized lawns with almost million dollar homes. This will be a trend for days to come. I only raised them enough to counter fuel cost. Two bad apples so far.
Out of how many accouts in total?

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
I have been out of the business for 4 years now. I was charging 35 for most lawns then. I saw some posts on my neighborhood groups where people are charging 50-70 for a lawn. (About 8k sq ft lots in austin tx). Mother inlaw says she has a hard time getting her lawn guy to show up.
Have prices gone up this much? Wow
Yes, and the cost to hire employees has almost doubled during the last 5 years. Some equipment cost have skyrocketed also. A 30" Exmark that used to cost $1800.00 is now $2800.00. And you see the cost of gas.

Pricing for lawn cutting had not increased much in the last 20 years, and there were many companies that had access to large pools of cheap labor, that kept prices low, and that does not exist now.

Reactions: Velo781

·
Registered
408 Posts
25 weekly solo. I do everything except stone work. I downed sized from 70 accounts and 4 employees 15 years ago. I sub out gardening to a local twice a week and make a little bit of money from the jobs.
Move to pre-pay. We don't even offer a discount for it, we just require it. Nothing makes me angrier than providing a free luxury service for some wannabe influencer living outside of her means.

Sorry, I guess I'm still mad about that one...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Move to pre-pay. We don't even offer a discount for it, we just require it. Nothing makes me angrier than providing a free luxury service for some wannabe influencer living outside of her means.

Sorry, I guess I'm still mad about that one...
Three of my accounts sent me prepayments for half the year in lawn cutting and i only asked for two weeks pre pay. I just picked up two new customers that cant find any Landscapers to come and Mow,Garden,Edge,Trim,and Mulch.They wanted to pre pay me the day i did the estimate.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts