1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

2042LS Husqvarna Lawn Tractor

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KLIEBERT, Jun 16, 2008.

1. KLIEBERT

KLIEBERT LawnSite Member

Need help with uneven cut on this NEW lawn tractor, I have attempted several times to level the blades with no success, I 've done this many times before on my old Scotts lawn tractor with great results, but for some reason I cannot get this machine to cut right. any suggestiond would be deeply appreciated, Thanks.....KLiebert:

2. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Could you take some pictures or describe in more detail please?

3. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

The 42" stampped deck on that mower is generally a pretty good cutting deck.

If, with adjustment, you are unable to level the deck, get ahold of your dealer. There's probably something wrong. It's not normaly a tricky setup to adjust

Other than that, all I can suggest are the basics....

Make sure the deck is level from side to side.

Make sure the deck has about 1/4" pitch. The blade tip should be 1/4" lower in the front than in the rear.

Make sure the blades are installed properly, not upside down.

Good luck. I'm sorry I don't have any better suggestions for you.

Q

4. KLIEBERT

KLIEBERT LawnSite Member

It seems that one side or one blade is cutting lower than the other one, it leaves a white streak ( about 10" wide ) on one side of the mower, I also noticed on the mowing deck is that the left blade is about 4-6" off set from the right blade......Kliebert

5. KLIEBERT

KLIEBERT LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the advise, I have tried all the things you mentioned except for the dealer, On the driveway the blades are level, the tires are inflated correctly , the anti scalping wheels are correct but it will not cut level, I have been at this for 3-weeks now with no success, This is a well built & solid machine, If only it would cut even.......Kliebert