1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

22 hp Liquid cooled Kawasaki...On 60" eXmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CTodd, Jul 26, 2000.

1. CTodd

CTodd LawnSite Member

I would like to know how these mowers perform. I have heard that the 22 hp kawasaki liquid cooled is plenty strong enough. I can purchase one for about $150 cheaper than a 25 hp air cooled. What does everyone think of these mowers.

2. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

get the 22 lc or the 26 efi<p>----------<br>-Grasscape Mgmt.<br>Http://sites.netscape.net/grasscapeinc/homepage

3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

You can get a 22LC Kaw for $150 less, what's the catch?<p>Anyway, the have plenty of power (for a 60&quot;) and are relatively trouble free. (Quiet, too) As far as longevity, they've just been out 3 summers, so we'll see how that goes.

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I just saw in Marketplace they are having some kinda special...$1000 of LC Lazers

5. CTodd

CTodd LawnSite Member

Here in South Carolina they have an $800 rebate right now. This is a brand new mower. Also they have no payments or interest until next March. That is very cool...

6. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer said Exmark over manufactured the LC. You can buy for the same price as 25 Kohler here. $500 rebate from Exmark.<br>22 has enough power, but not if you mulch. I had one as loaner last Spring. The unit had a mulch kit. Poor results.

7. CTodd

CTodd LawnSite Member

And I was thinking of mulching. What do you think the results would be if you just used gator blades and didn't mulch?

8. Mid Rivers

Mid Rivers LawnSite Member

I am new to the business but I have an Emark 60&quot; Liquid Cooled machine and I love it. Like I said I am new and haven't experiencd others but I don't know how it could get much better. Get on and watch out for trees.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

CTod, That's the beauty of it, if you run a mower like the Lazer, then you don't HAVE to mulch! If you ever run into thick conditions, double cut at the most. I run two Lazers. An LC and a 26horse fuel injected. While the fuel-injected provides more power, the LC is aLOT quieter and cuts beautifully. If you buy one though, do yourself a favor and get the foot assisted deck lift. WELL worth it.

10. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Why does the liquid cooled run quiter. Is it lower rpms or the way the muffler or the way its built.