1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

22 hp Liquid cooled Kawasaki...On 60" eXmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CTodd, Jul 26, 2000.

1. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I Am going to look into the assist for my toro z master 255. Im sick of always leaning over to pull up the decl with the lever when ever theyed a high spot in the lawn or when i want to go over curbs. Any one no how muc they cost?

2. fdew

fdew LawnSite Member

LC is always quieter because that liquid and the extra wall to contain it also contain a lot of noise.<br>Frank

3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Evan, I was told by my dealer they were $35.<p>bdemir, LC engines are can be built to much closer tolerances than air-cooled because there is less metal expansion from the lower temperatures. <p>Muffler size and RPM's are only a small factor. Take your car: It makes 8 times the power of a Z, revs twice as fast, has a muffler that's only twice as big and is far quieter.

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Anyone here cutting St. Augustine with a 60" 22hp LC Lazer?
    I have been told they have as much power as the 25hp Kohler, just hard to believe. 22 is less than 25 :D

5. dylan

dylan Member

I always thought that the noise from an air cooled engine came from the fly wheel fan that pushes the air around to cool the engine.

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The 25 hp Kohlers have 39.5 lbft of Torque and I believe the Kawi LC only has like 32 lbft. Add this to the 3 less HP. My 25 Kohler has 1000 hrs and when the gr*** gets heavy, the RPM's really drop. Hate to see it with 3 less HP and 7 lbft.?!? Why isnt there a 30 HP engine out there that can power the 60 and 72's with power to spare?

7. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

From what I understand the 22 Kaw has almost as much torque as the 25 Kohler.

8. Kevin

Kevin LawnSite Member
    from S.E. PA

I ve heard eXmark is working on a diesel powered unit

9. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

2001 Exmark/Toros will have a 26-27HP liquid cooled option.
    More $$ though.

10. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I went and looked at the liquid cooled's today. They didn't have any 60's in stock. I wouldn't mind having one if they made the power the 25 Kohler does. Especially while they have the $1000 off deal, but that ends August 31.

My 61" Kees with the 25 Kohler has more power than my 52" Gr***hopper with a 21 LC Kubota gas. Granted it has more hours but I don't think it ever had the power the Kohler does.

Everyone rates there engines differently so who knows, maybe the 22hp and 33lb/ft torque rating is higher if measured by Kohler standards.

The salesman at Trail Saw swears the Kawasaki has as much power. And I guess up until about three years ago the 22 Kohler was standard on most 60" mowers. I guess they cut alright.

I guess I would really have to use one to see if it was capable of cutting week old St. Augustine. I sure would hate to buy and underpowered $8000 mower. I wouldn't mine looking into the bigger liquid cooled Exmarks when they come out, but my guess is they will be out of my price range and 1400lbs.

BTW, they had a 52" Lazer HP. That's a preety nice machine too. Completely different. I was a little concerned that a narrow ch***is may not hold hills, but it appears they spaced the rear tires a little farther apart on the 52".