1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

23 hp Kawisaki question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Jun 12, 2008.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Our rider has a 23 hp Kawi and today it began to spit and sputter like its running out of fuel. It only has 242 hours on it. But my question is do they have a low oil shut off like our Honda's do. The oil was low (right at the "add" mark on the dip stick)

2. DavisLawn

DavisLawn LawnSite Member

change the fuel filter.... i had both my ztr's do this last year...both times i replaced the fuel filter and good as new.... also if the air filter is clogged really bad it will do it as i learned the hard way with my first ztr... lets hope thats not the case

3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

If what DavisLawn said doesn't fix the problem you might have some dirt in the carb.

4. nobagger

from Pa

Air filter is brand new and I did notice something strange, when it was spitting and sputtering the fuel filter wasnt even half full but after we got home I washed it off and the fuel filter was almost completely full. Any ideas?

5. DavisLawn

trust me... try changing the fuel filter...... they're only a couple of dollars each... nothing to lose.

6. nobagger

from Pa

Definetely first thing on my to do list in the am. I just thought it was strange the filter would be less than half full.

7. DavisLawn

i've noticed that before too... really dont know what it means or how its supposed to be ...