1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

23 Kaw Problems

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Cutter1, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Mower hits 1800+ hours and it falls apart!!!! First the engine blew, changed that. Next, new power to the hydro pumps a little too much for them, replaced both of those!!! Whats next?? Basically for $3200 I have a new mower.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Cutter 1,

Wow! I can see that out of an engine, especially if is of the pre-canister air filter design. 1800 hours out of hydro components is unusual however. Was this an HP or a 23 hp liquid cooled? Also give me a call at 800-667-5296 I'd like to talk to you about the pumps.

Thanks

Terry

3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

On the other hand Terry, 1800 hours at a conservative $40/hour is $72,000...... In other words, regardless of the possibility of problems with the mower, I wouldn't be upset with a $72,000 profit from a $3,200 outlay......
    Pete..... Good machine IMO............

4. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

If the engine on you mower blew and had The A code you might need to call Kaw. those engine had a short dip stick and run with low oil.