1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

24' Enclosed Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Ocean Side, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Ocean Side

Ocean Side LawnSite Member

What are some thoughts on a 24' enclosed trailer. Who like and dislikes the size. Does it help or hinder? Thanks

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a 8 by 20. I think its the biggest id ever go for a residential/commercial op. Maybe bigger if I did all large commercial with WAM's and such.

Cheers

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

24' is a pretty good sized trailer. If you are doing residential and commercial I think it is a little big. In many of the areas that I mow in I wouldn't go over 20' for a trailer. Other areas in my area would only allow about a 12' trailer to fit without blocking driveways. If you are mowing in areas that would allow the 24' to fit then you should be okay. As for me I think that that size of a trailer is just too large and not manuverable enough, especially if you get in some tight spots.

4. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

With 24' you could probly fit 3 60'' z's and a few walkbehinds and still have room for equipment + wall space. If I was to buy a new enclosed I would get the extended tongue, too.

5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I just bought a 8.5'X18' but do mostly Residentials..And the extended tongue.

6. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea my dad got a 24' haulmark and we can fit 2 ztr's + ultravacs, and 1 wb and still have room for a push mower and a gangbox up from. in addition to all the racks.and we added a extra foot to the tounge, so the sides wont hit the dump.