1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

2560 SuperZ XR7 Mulch Kit and Blades

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by TBlack, Apr 3, 2007.

1. TBlack

TBlack LawnSite Member

I just purchased and installed mulch kit part#106856 .The dealer told me that the oem fusion blades I have on now would work fine.Installed according to instruction that came with kit. Now I have a lot of blow out from under mower.Reading other post it appears there is some problems with the xr7 deck . Why am I having this problem with blow out,what are the best blades to use for the mulch kit and what are the issues with the deck and how do I get it resolved.I read that the deck issue would be fixed under warranty.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

First of all you need to run mulching blades or Gator blades with a mulch kit, that is one cause for blow out.
    Secondly we offer a blow out kit for these types of conditions, they are for use with mulch kits when needed and catchers.
    The XR-7 issues you have read about are in northern regions and they have been resolved.
    I would get the right blades on there and then see what you experience, if needed you can always put the blow out kit on there.

Pj