26 hp Walker Mower The fuel pump is not getting power and no spark

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by JeffM71, May 16, 2018.

1. JeffM71

JeffM71 LawnSite Member

26 hp Walker Mower The fuel pump is not getting power and no spark I was mowing along it started sputtering like it was running out of gas then stalled I replace the fuel pump because I did not hear a turn on fuel relay and check the fuses still no power to the fuel pump and no spark any suggestions thanks

2. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Bronze Member

Prior to replacing the fuel pump, you should have performed some diagnostics. I would start reading the manual, then get a DVOM and follow the trouble tree and wiring diagram. It could be something as simple as a defective crank position sensor or any number of other components. The only way to tell is start checking one component at a time.
    http://resources.kohler.com/power/kohler/enginesUS/pdf/24_690_01_EN.pdf

JeffM71 likes this.
  3. JeffM71

JeffM71 LawnSite Member

thanks for info .. I've checked fuses , relays & the wiring .. do you know how I could test the Kranks sensor and where it is located

4. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Bronze Member

The crank sensor is mounted by the flywheel. The best thing to do is open the link that I provided. It has step by step instructions on how to check the crank sensor as well as other critical parts. You did not mention the year of your Walker but I would download the parts manual in the link below and start following the wiring schematic. When you said you checked the fuel pump relay, was it with a DVOM? Were you missing the main positive feed or the feed for the coil of the relay or both? A wiring diagram is your friend here, otherwise you will be wasting a lot of your time and money replacing parts, only to end up in the same situation.
    https://www.walker.com/manuals/

5. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Any safety switches on the Walkers?

Walker56 likes this.
  6. JeffM71

JeffM71 LawnSite Member

Yes there are safety switches but if they were not working the mower would not turn overit is turning over fine just no fuel pump and no spark

7. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Platinum Member

Here's a novel thought...read the manual you were linked to.

8. JeffM71

JeffM71 LawnSite Member

here's a novel thought

9. JeffM71

JeffM71 LawnSite Member

If you don't have anything helpful to say don't say anything at all

10. JeffM71

JeffM71 LawnSite Member