1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

26" mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jcoat, Jun 14, 2000.

1. jcoat

jcoat LawnSite Member

Gentlemen,<br> I haven't started my LM business, but will be launching it this fall by offering cleanups and use that to help establish my clientele for spring 2001. I still have a 40+ hr/wk job and want to grow my LMB.<br> Here's my question: I will be doing residences starting out and will primarily be offering cleanup services. Where I live, the lots are small and gates are smaller. I don't want to purchase a 32&quot;/36&quot; and have it sit idle. Have any guys used the 26&quot; mowers available by Snapper? They appear to be well built and they have high volume baggers. Will this be sufficient?<br> I have a 21&quot; Snapper, but want to work smarter if I can. <br> I plan on moderate growth of customer-base and cash flow so the &gt;32&quot; will have to wait.

2. snow

snow Guest

I have a 21&quot; snapper 6 speed, 6 hp(1999 model). This mower is great. I looked at the 26&quot; snapper model, and it needs more than a 6hp engine. Also, it is not built for use by mowing contractors. It is a homeowner model and is supposed to be used for homeowners. I would get a 32&quot;, but whatever works.<p>Bryan<br><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.snowplow.web.com&quot;&gt;The Snowplow Homepage&lt;/a&gt;<br>

3. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

look at the great dane gate way. it folds to fit through gates. but look at northen tool for a 26 in mower if thats what ur set on. its better than the snapper one

4. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

I use to use two 21&quot; snappers for about 30 smaller lawns and gated. I just bought a 32&quot; Exmark metro about a month ago. I love it its so much faster and easier to handle and your not so tired after using it all day then with a 21&quot;. I was going to get a 33&quot; troybilt glad i didn't.. My opinion is go with a 32&quot; its faster, less tiring and last longer then a 21&quot; i hope. I wish i would have bought it a long time ago.<p>Jason