1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

26HP Briggs ELS engine opinions.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mhussey, Apr 10, 2008.

1. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guy's. Just setting here thinking about getting a larger framed mower. My dealer has a heck of a deal on a 26HP Briggs ELS 60" on a Everride Warrior. If I can get quite a bit on my current mower, I wouldn't have to fork much more for the new larger mower.

So what is your thoughts on the Briggs ELS? Does anyone have this mower/engine combo?

Thanks,

Matt

2. mhussey

Bump.

No one has any experiance with these engines?

3. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

I've heard everything from low hour failuers to 1000+ hours and still going strong.

Sounds like a crap shoot to me.

Me personally, I don't care for the engine. Among other things, too much vibration.

Good Luck.

Q

4. mhussey

Thanks Jim!

You know how sometimes if it seems like a really good deal, it's too good to be true. I was just wondering, and a little wishing you know. I would like to upgrade to a larger frame mower. With this I wouldn't be out of much hip money you know.

Thanks,

Matt

5. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

6. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I asked our dealer and he said he has sold 70+26 Briggs units on Scags and Dixons in the last 2 years and not one has ever been in for any kind of service or warranty...