Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the 27 kolar on a exmark last week it was acting funny. It was only on the first yard then cleared up the local mechanic and i thought it was due to the cheap gas so i paid him to take the carb off clean it and a rebuild. I got it back and the spiting and sputtering in the morning is gone but now i have a new problem. I think it maybe something with the governor. you can start it up engage the pto and even cut dead grass but when you get into anything that is green it cuts back to almost 1/2 throttle. I have tryed the spring on the governer on every setting but no difference. And the mechanic says that there are no adjustments on the carb it is pretty much, take apart put back together, that's it, but i really think he put something back together wrong. It had full power before he worked on it, now it doesn't. Any suggestions

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
It may not be a carb problem at all. If the plugs are fouled, just changing them might cure the problem. But it might be a bad coil that's causing spark-plug fouling, and that may need changing too. Just a guess, of course, but I wouldn't get too far into tearing into the carburetor and governor linkage without first making sure it isn't an ignition-system malfunction. If you start messing around with the governor, you may be creating even more trouble than you already have. I'm a bit surprised a good mechanic wouldn't have considered this, but maybe he did and checked the plugs and just didn't tell you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.