27c question/ tricky hose

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Joshua James Stewart, Feb 11, 2019 at 7:44 PM.

1. Joshua James Stewart

Joshua James Stewart LawnSite Member

My friend bought a John Deere 27C at the auction and we picked it up today. It had a leaky hose under the right pivot pedal and so I got that disconnected. The isue now it the w1 and w2 hoses go over to a metal plate where the hose coupler feeds and is bolted through the plate. On the other side another quick connect coupler with a plack plastic ribbed sleeve slides back and forth but won't disconnect, so I can't unbolt it to replace the hose.

Do we need a special tool?

I'll get some pics added
    IMG_20190211_195726_01.jpg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 7:56 PM
  2. 74inchShovel

74inchShovel LawnSite Member

Are you sure that’s a quick disconnect? I’ve never seen that before, given that quick connects are prone to dripping, and the sheer number in that picture, I’m surprised a manufacturer would do that. Looking forward to a more educated response, until then I’d take that pic to a hose shop or the dealer. Thanks for posting, I’ll gain insight on this one

hort101 likes this.
  3. Joshua James Stewart

take a look at the one where I cut off the black color you'll see a spring and there is a sleeve really thin sleeve that slides back and forth between the bolt and the I don't know second part of the hose. I don't see how ball bearings like a normal coupler could be inside such a small coupler though. One guy on a heavy machinery Forum said to twist and pull but I don't see why you would need the sleeve to release it then. I know hitachi made John Deere in collaboration but even searching hitachi couplers I didn't find anything close

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Put a wrench on the fitting and give it a crack, see what happens.

5. Joshua James Stewart

So we got them off, they are just normal quick disconnects, just really small ones, what a pain. They were push, then pull, and that's all we had to do, no twisting. I think the bearings were corroded and stuck in the same position no matter how we moved the sleeve. Then they unbolted once the female side was out of the way.