Lawn Care Forum banner

$29 Irrigation System check, what would you do?

9K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  muddywater 
#1 ·
I'm already locating & flagging sprinkler heads before aerating in a retirement community of 35,000+ homes so it only makes sense to offer a system check. So besides checking coverage, leaks & setting the clock precisely what else should I include for $29. For those grown-over heads I figure $1/each to clean out. Your thoughts please since I wasn't successful with the search box.
Posted via Mobile Device

#9 ·
I usually charge $50 or more. But if you are already there and have the remote hooked up to flag the heads for aerating and the systems are not that big then I might go for a lower price.

If I did go $29 I would just spot problems: breaks, clogged nozzles, heads too low and etc. (double flag these) and then give the customer an estimate for the repair. Might throw in a simple arc adjustment if the head were in good shape.

What are you cleaning out for $1?

#12 ·
For a $1.50 per head I would use my product to trim all if the grass and debrie away from each head or sprinkler head first. Than run thru each zone adjusting the ark,flow and trajectory of each head. Once all of the heads/ VBC's have been exposed everything else is completed pretty fast. This service is offered once a month here in SW Florida due to our year round growing season. www.tastrimmer.com is the product if any one wants to work smarter instead of harder. BTW, the product will not damage the sprinkler heads
Only the operator has that ability or inability. All the best.
easy-lift guy

#17 ·
I have a retirement community we work in right now with 800 plus homes.

The initial thought was that with them being retired they would be more relaxed and easy going. I can honestly say some have actually been the worst of the worst to a point where we turn them loose. Once we turn them away, they want to argue even more??

I had one resident call threatening to sue us if her or her husband tripped pulling a garden hose around the yard. This is a person that was not a even a client yet, and never became one either.

My advice, think twice and instead of being cheaper in this situation do the opposite.

#18 ·
I have a retirement community we work in right now with 800 plus homes.

The initial thought was that with them being retired they would be more relaxed and easy going. I can honestly say some have actually been the worst of the worst to a point where we turn them loose. Once we turn them away, they want to argue even more??

I had one resident call threatening to sue us if her or her husband tripped pulling a garden hose around the yard. This is a person that was not a even a client yet, and never became one either.

My advice, think twice and instead of being cheaper in this situation do the opposite.
What he said; I never realized how many retired "irrigation pros" lived in those places.:dizzy:

#20 ·
Ever notice that people don't feel that a dollar day is too much to pay for even the simplest of services?

$30 is way too cheap to even drive to a customers house once but $365 may be sellable for marking heads and boxes, field inspection of the zones and periodic controller tuning throvghout the season.
Posted via Mobile Device

#21 ·
I really like the looks of both those trimmers, will check them out at gie....saw u there last year.
For a $1.50 per head I would use my product to trim all if the grass and debrie away from each head or sprinkler head first. Than run thru each zone adjusting the ark,flow and trajectory of each head. Once all of the heads/ VBC's have been exposed everything else is completed pretty fast. This service is offered once a month here in SW Florida due to our year round growing season. www.tastrimmer.com is the product if any one wants to work smarter instead of harder. BTW, the product will not damage the sprinkler heads
easy-lift guy
Posted via Mobile Device

#23 ·
easy-lift guy
I really like the looks of both those trimmers, will check them out at gie....saw u there last year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks, will not be at the GIE this year. Send me your address via pm if you want to try one anyway on me.
easy-lift guy

#24 ·
I can see it for golf heads i guess. But there is no way in hell i would put 50 holes in my turf. I prefer not to see sprinkler heads.
Depends on ones perspective. Here in SW Florida the birth place of the product the need to have all heads in turf areas exposed and accessible is critical from a maintenance standpoint. Our turf types and year round growing
season depend on the TAS Trimmer.
Ted
President-CEO
TAS Industries Inc.

#26 ·
Depends on ones perspective. Here in SW Florida the birth place of the product the need to have all heads in turf areas exposed and accessible is critical from a maintenance standpoint. Our turf types and year round growing
season depend on the TAS Trimmer.
Ted
President-CEO
TAS Industries Inc.
I like that lash-up. For years, I thought about adapting a small and large "cookie cutter" to a power head, looks like you've come up with something.
I can't remember on your video, does it have two sizes, for rotors and sprays?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.