2DQ...Thoughts

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by tebletlawns, Apr 3, 2018.

1. tebletlawns

tebletlawns LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Kansas City

I know Marine likes it. Does anyone else have experience with it?

2. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Bronze Member

I haven't had experience with this particular product but I have spiked a few 3 ways (Mec Amine D and Horsepower) with quin, adding Drive XLR8 at .25oz/1k and seen great results on really weedy lawns.

I looked up this product though and it's got my interest, I wish I could offer feedback on it but I'm interested in trying it this year as well and probably will.

3. tebletlawns

Male, from Kansas City

Biggest kicker is the price. Was quoted 16.86/acre. I'm close to 30/acre for just 3 way

4. That Guy Gary

I'm confused on your reply. You'd run the 2DQ in place of 3 way, not in addition.

I'm actually going to ask our supplier about it tomorrow, this product when I look at the mix rates almost seems too good too be true.

5. tebletlawns

Male, from Kansas City

Correction, sorry. I would run this in place of redzone. The $30 figure was for redzone. I haven't used 2DQ tho. A guy from reinders told me about it today. I asked at site one, they don't have it

That Guy Gary likes this.
  6. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Who the heck are you buying your 3-way from. I am at less than $13.00 an acre for 3-way. You are getting screwed.

7. tebletlawns

Male, from Kansas City

8. tebletlawns

Male, from Kansas City

I'm under $13 for 3-way. I misspoke before

9. That Guy Gary

I found a local supplier who can provide it to us at 102/jug and wrote a proposal to the boss for using it on a large commercial account with 42 properties we just took over that was previously managed by TruGreen.

He approved it. I'll be applying this to 80ish acres soon that are in pretty rough shape. I'll post some follow ups on how it goes.

10. tebletlawns

Male, from Kansas City

Any updates?