1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

3,000 or 4,000 postcards?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MJK, Dec 21, 2007.

1. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

I want to add 20 more accounts, I just don't know if I should make 3 or 4 thousand postcards? What have you guys had experience with? I know a 2% response rate would be good at 2,000 with the hopes of signing half, but 2% seems to be pretty good. What do you guys think?

2. MJK

Anybody care to chim in on this situation?

3. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

How many places do you have to send out to?
    Id make sure I had enough to send one to everybody at least twice
    Just my .02

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i am sending 30,000 out to try and get 50 accounts if that gives you an idea.

5. privatelawn

privatelawn LawnSite Senior Member

30k for 50 accounts sucks... My last mailing I sent 2000 and gained about 30, will be sending 10k in february

6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

michigan is very competitive to say the least.

7. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

If you don't mind me asking, what does it end up costing you guys per card, mailed? Thanks. Neill

8. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Privatelawn you have to understand your area. Orlando is like the land of milk and honey for a lawn man. It doesnt take that much because demand is ahead of supply. That is why I dont understand why the pricing is what it is in Orlando for most very poor. I guaranteed if I would move there I would be 15 to 20 % higher than most and I would have to turn down new accounts.
    As an industry we under price the value of our services to get business way too often, when I first started I did it but i didnt know better, but not any more I dont over charge but I charge accordingly. The problem is non educated operators, and these problems will occur whenever the "ease of entry" is low.

9. MJK

You really think i need to send out about 15,000 postcards, most likely twice to get about 20 accounts? Its almost not even worth the cost.

10. lawnjockey56

lawnjockey56 LawnSite Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    all you guys say that when you come to fla