1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

3 Old Hondas = 1 Honda GOAT

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Blainethompson, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Blainethompson

Blainethompson LawnSite Senior Member

So I have an hold 90s aluminum Honda deck(chrome handle bars), a 2013ish hrx216 motor, and hydro tranny out of a hrc216hxa. Plus wheels tires and handle bar components off a well taken car of hr215 commercial. Let's Frankenstein these together and make one bad a*# Honda mower.

IMG_9668.JPG

TrainingWheels likes this.
  2. jtsnipe

jtsnipe LawnSite Member

Love these projects,make it happen.

3. Blainethompson

Getting across first small issue. Aluminum deck sets the trans at a different angle which makes it closer to the motor. Drive shaft is a little to long

4. Blainethompson

Done! :weightlifter::mechanic:

IMG_9670.JPG

hort101, TrainingWheels and 71GTX like this.
  5. 71GTX

71GTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT.

That came out nice,I have 2 91 HR215's bought new, GX140 shaft drive, 3 speed trans.

6. Blainethompson

I've always liked the aluminum deck but most of them on had the 140cc motor on them. I have an old hr 216 with aluminum deck and 163cc motor but it has the 2 speed tranny. I wanted the hydro tranny. So now I have, in my opinion, the perfect Honda 21". Mowed a few passes in some thick st Augustine last night in the dark and it cut perfect, started first pull, and pulled good through the grass.

71GTX likes this.