1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

3 tires In 2 weeks

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by birddseedd, Jun 28, 2013.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

couple weeks ago I slit a tire. yesterday picked up a screw. today slit another tire..... this is getting old
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. clydebusa

clydebusa Inactive

I run 2 dually trucks and 1 single axle, 3 tandem trailers 2 single axle trailers, 2 ztrs, 1 bobcat skid steer. I average between 1k to 2k a year in tires. This year 1 rear ztr at 120 bucks. Knock on WOOD. Would say 1 dually back tires are getting thin. Calling them my indian tires they leave no tracks!

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

You bought a brand new tire because of a screw?

4. die4irish

die4irish LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Last month I had 3 tires in 2 days. 1 on the tandem and both on my single a day apart. Dang Michigan roads.

5. birddseedd

screw was in sidewall
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I have put plugs in sidewalls. Really not like a auto where there is a big risk if it fails. Plug and then slime

7. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to the world of business. If you think 3 tires in 2 weeks is bad we just changed tires on our dump truck, mowing trailer, landscape trailer, and a equipment trailer. 18 tires this month. 3 In 2 weeks I could deal with

8. birddseedd

old tires or used up?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Pierre2013

Pierre2013 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a screw in sidewall of a Michelin Primacy (car tire). I put a plug and everything was fine. Oh, and keep tire with plug on rear wheel only. Easier on the tire...

10. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

That's a really bad idea.
    Posted via Mobile Device