Lawn Care Forum banner

3 way + Drive = dead lawn

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Catmann 
#1 ·
Has anyone mixed Lesco three way (at 2 ounces/gallon) and Drive 75 (1 ounce/3 gallons) and then did an application, only to find that it also killed the turf grass around the weed?

Temperature at the time of the application was around 80. On one lawn, we treated for crabgrass and virginia buttonweed. The customer called two days later and said that her lawn was spotted. We came back and every area we sprayed was dead!

Just wanting to see if anyone has had like experiences.

#2 ·
Just a thought, but isn't 80 a bit hot for an ester? Perhaps an amine would be better, also, if Drive is labelled for the broadleaves you are after, why tank mix?

What time? What is the sun like? What sticker did you use? Drive calls for MSO only, although I use regular sticker from time to time with limited results.

EG

#5 ·
I guess my question, would be, instead of Lesco three way (at 2 ounces/gallon) and Drive 75 (1 ounce/3 gallons),

how many oz of each per 1000sqft was put down.

You may tank mix it right but is your application rate right?

I also mix drive and Battleship for spot spraying.

#9 ·
Battleship isnt new chemistry. It's the actives of Confront, (triclopyr and clopyralid) blended with mcpa. Your looking at a non 24d based product.

57% inert ingrediant
37.9% mcpa
3.8% tric
1.3% clop

If your looking for a non 24d product. I like Eliminate from Lesco. You get the benefit of Dicamba which I feel does a better job for summer and fall weeds than Clopyralid. Plus your not buying as much inert ingrediant.

40.69% inert
48.99% mcpa
5.59% tric
4.82% dica

But thats my opinion, and like everybody else we all have one.

#10 ·
Confront and VA Buttonweed?

Sounds like a plan to me, we have it everywhere along with the lespedeza, which Millenium work ok on, but I had to use a high rate and it burnt the turf a bit....Well maybe more than a bit, but I warned them....

I will get some tomorrow and try it out.

Thanks!

EG

#11 ·
Any oil can cause phytotoxicity in summer, even at low rates. If you sprayed in the heat of day and the overall conditions are dry, you could cause injury. But more than that, 1.5 oz/M of any three-way is the absolute high rate. In the summer, that can be too much.

Aside from crabgrass, the best mix I have found to date is:

0.9 oz/M three-way (brand of your choice)
0.4 oz/M Confront
0.1 oz per gallon of solution TeraVita LC-12 humic acid

No sticker needed with the humic acid and it really controls most weeds well in one shot. It is convenient ot have one tank mix year round - except for the extreme cold temps in November when we move to an ester.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.